Register now to get rid of these ads!

has anyone used DRE engines? (Indianapolis)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INF, Feb 22, 2010.

1. INF

INF
    from las vegas

i have a problem. i bought a rearend from DRE engines on oct 30th and cant get them to send me my rearend, they are in indianapolis and im in Las Vegas so i cant drive over and stomp some heads very easy.. every time i talk to them they keep giving me excuses on why i dont have it yet. maybe someone knows of this place and can help me out? if so thank you.

2. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

I work in Indianapolis, never heard of them. You have an address and a number for them?

3. paintcan54

paintcan54

I live in Indy, never heard of them.

4. INF

INF
    from las vegas

i guess he has used several names i have found out.
    Heartland engine builders
    317-784-3884
    685 E. Murry St
    Indianapolis, in

names
    Jim Shafer

317-752-9879
    317-752-9879

Stan Solomon
    317-472-7826

Reese
    317-289-7009

whatever anyone that reads this dont use them

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010

5. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

just drove down by there....looks to be a residence....no shop...

6. rooman

rooman

I would suggest that you lodge a complaint with the Indian attorney general. This bozo has been ripping people off for years and as you found he uses a bunch of different business names. This is not the first time that a HAMBer has had problems with him and the last one was on this board only a month or two back.
    If you don't get your rear end by the middle of March let me know and I will pay him a visit and give him a tune-up.

Roo

7. INF

INF
    from las vegas

FKN great;
    i talked to jim this morning and he said it will be shipped this week..
    he has ben telling me that hes been working on it every time i talk to him.
    i paid through pay pal but i thing i only have 45 days from purchase to file a complaint.
    i still filed and waiting to hear back...
    thanks to everyone thats been helping

8. ratrod0

ratrod0

I have also bought a rear end from him and getting the run-a-round and he told me that my rear end will ship out teusday. sounds like he is telling every body the same story

9. kraka138

kraka138

10. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

yup same one as i drove by lol....

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The last time I was there he had a shop on murray street,it was closer to a main road almost at the corner. You cant miss the place as it was a mess and looked to be a old convienence store

12. kraka138

kraka138

actually i think that maybe wrong cuase i look at the neighbors mail box and that seems to be the 700 block of murry

i think this maybe the place, hard to tell though...about the right area, but with no signs or nothing its hard to say

[​IMG]

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The second picture looks like his shop,it does look a little cleaner then when I was last there and I think there used to be a sign on the place.

14. INF

INF
    from las vegas

thanks guys...
    ratrod0 let me know if you get your rearend,
    he did tell me this week.
    originally it was going to take 2 weeks, i ordered oct 30th, maybe they cant count?
    one excuse was the lady working on it went on maternity leave, then snow a couple of times then moving around shop and couple of times they where working on it..

15. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

He took over 6 months to build me a motor.

16. INF

INF
    from las vegas

junkyardjeff was your motor good? ive now heard that he does shitty work

17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I would consider the motor just ok,it does have good oil pressure and does not run hot but just does not seem to have the torque it should have. He was supposed to install a RV cam and port the exhaust side of the heads but I think the heads are just junk smog heads and the cam has a 302 firing order so its not for a 351-W and have been told that might be part of the problem. I will be going back to a Y block and this motor will be installed in another car after I change the cam and put a good set of heads on it.

18. INF

INF
    from las vegas

i guess at least it runs...
    i heard of motors never running and some that are waiting for over a year to get their motor

19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

It does not run like he promised and you would not believe how he was talking up his motors when talking to him,he gave me a big line of BS on the power they put out and how many satisfied customers he had all over the country.

20. File a claim with paypal and run the other direction. Whether he intends to send you the rear end or not, there are other vendors that don't make your life interesting.

21. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

22. paintcan54

paintcan54

I know some people on the south side of Indy I'll get in touch with them and see if they know him. Maybe they can help you out.

23. INF

INF
    from las vegas

you guys are great for all the help im getting.. if you guys have las vegas problems let me know i will be glad to help

24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Just where is he advertising if someone from Lost wages is ordering parts from him.

25. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I am curious how you hooked up with this guy too. I don't know anything good or bad, but I would think you could get this work done locally by a reputable shop...

26. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I found his shop by surfing the net,I had talked to the local builders and they were more expensive and since he was only a hundred miles away I took the chance. He can talk the talk but thats about it and you do get what you pay for..

27. INF

INF
    from las vegas

i found him on craigslist, and he was $1500 less than any local shop.. i now have a guy to do all my rearends and he gets them done in a couple of days as long as the parts are available, and he will give me the same price range.
    in vegas we all gamble some way and im a loser this time so far