Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Has anyone made a custom gauge?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mojo, May 24, 2014.

1. Mojo

Mojo

I'd like a quad 5" gauge, but i'm not interested in paying a few hundred for one. Has anyone made a gauge face, and combined a couple of gauges behind it? I'm thinking I could use a few existing gauges and make my own. Seen anything like that?

2. Attached Files:

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I did it in my 1981 el camino, full stewert warners behind the stock glass.....

anyway get some gauges that you like and pop the bezels/glass, you'll be on the road! Hell some guys on here could paint you a sweet backing with 1-shot too

4. Mojo

Mojo

5. Mojo

Mojo

I was thinking making a new face, and work it out in photoshop. Print it out, put it on the face, and hit it with some satin clear

6. ghornbostel

ghornbostel

I did the gas gage in my Triumph TR3 using a GM gage in the TR3 housing and omen. I did the same with the tach by using a cheap electric tach from a auto parts store and using the TR3 housing and omen. I've done tach faces on motorcycles using Autocad to lay out the face and then laminate it to the face. Works real good.
    Regards
    Greg Hornbostel

7. There are a couple more threads about this, I will see if I can find them as I need to do this in my pickup.

8. Rick S

Rick S

Attached Files:

• 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      388.4 KB
      Views:
    rockin rebel likes this.