Register now to get rid of these ads!

Has anybody dealt with The Detail Zone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy365-24-7, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

I'm putting a '99 4.6 4 cam motor in a '50 F-1 and I was wondering if anybody has used a wiring hasness from The Detail Zone? How is their quality? Ease of installation ect.. Thanks in advance!

2. stinkity stoink

stinkity stoink
    from new jersey

I have. I used there T.P.I harness. I thought it was a great product with great tech support. The only gripe I had was you had to wire there panel up and there panel plugs into the computer. It isn't hard just time consuming. The directions are real easy to follow. You basically need to find a spot in the cab big enough to hold two computers.

3. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Thanks Stinkity stoink.Anybody else?

4. great guy and good stuff

5. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

I put a 98 4.6 in a 57 Ranchero for a customer and it was a nightmare to get it running right. After 2 panels, 3 computers and some rewiring it finally ran right. The guy who makes them was very good about trying to help out, and worked with me though all of it. I had left the company before it was all sorted out, but I've talked to the car owner since and he's very happy with the way it runs. The kit is nice but takes up some room, it's basically a Ron Francis panel on steroids.

6. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i have a 2003 4.6 ford motor im gona put in my ladies merc. they were the only place i found that would do a harness for it. didn t seen to overpriced i guess, painless refered me to them so i dont think they would point people in the wrong direction.??

7. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Thanks guys! Do you need to purchase a separate panel for the rest of your wiring?

8. yes you will need seperat panal for the rest of the car. i am a dealer for the detail zone and can get you a great price. and an even better price on american autowire for the rest of the car
    Brant
    254-542-3399