Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harrison! Question on your modified...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Foul, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Foul

Foul

How much did you narrow that cowl you whipped up a couple months ago? I was marking some lines on mine for something similar and am looking at taking about 8" out of the middle.
    thanks,
    dan

2. TomH

TomH

I'm not Harrison, but I took 4" out of mine

3. I think more pictures are in order. That is a fine looking ride!-MIKE:eek: :D

4. atch

atch

i have no way of verifying it, but i've always heard that Bo Jones took 9" out of his.

5. TomH

TomH

OK here's one, trying to decide which tire wheel combo to run.

Attached Files:

• t4.jpg
      t4.jpg
      File size:
      72.2 KB
      Views:
  6. I'm just a hack and know nothing about building a car so take this for what its worth....

I cut 6.75 inches out of my cowl top. When I held the original cowl top in front of me I figured about 30" would be a good width for a one-man modified. We'll see if I'm right as the project moves along.

Here is a pic. It is hard to tell much about it without more of it present to show the scale. This and the engine/trans is all I have right now though.

JH

7. Foul

Foul

Hmmm... Tom, your car is killer, but I'm thinking of going narrower on mine. Did you have to narrow your chassis to fit the body, or did you do it vice versa?

you'll have to send more photos for your page on my site: http://danielstrohl.com/gallery.asp?id=38

Harrison- maybe I was thinking of somebody else. you didn't whip up a Model A-based cowl and show pictures on here a couple months ago? Maybe I saved those pictures somewhere...

thanks guys,
    d

8. TomH

TomH

The way mine is now as long as the wife and don't gain any more weight it's still a two person ride.

I made the chassis fit the body.

When I get the hood done and make up my mind on the wheels and tires I'll send you some pics.

9. Foul

Foul

Haha. Yeah, I'm a skinny single bastard, so I'm going one-man. My mulletude AMX will be for chick cruising...
    d

10. I'm a skinny old single fart too but I'm going the other way. The body on this one will be a few inches wider to accomodate the fat-assed honeys I see everywhere I go..... :D

I hope the Iron Duke has enough "oomph" to pull us around.

Thanks to "fatassbuick" for converting my CAD scratchings to JPEG's.

11. I went round and round with a cowl steering set up for my RPU (and posted several pics of the bracing I made to make it work) but it isn't a modified.

This cowl top is the only distraction I've had from my RPU. Maybe you were thinking of someone else.

JH

12. TomH

TomH

I use a 2.5L (151) out of an '80 Monza ( it's a cousin to the Duke ) with a 5 speed stick. It seams to have enough "oomph" to pull us around.

13. TomH....that makes me feel better. Mine is from a '79 Monza and has the 77mm 5-speed overdrive behind it. With a 3.78 rear and a weight (what I'm shooting for) of 1200 lbs. it might be quick enough. :D

I'm warming it up slightly too. Weber 40mm side-draft on a sheet aluminum intake, slight cam upgrade and port work, and an Offy-style exhaust header exiting through a Supertrapp muffler. You can see the intake design in the CAD top view I posted above.