Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harman Collins Magneto Ford Flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McFly, Jun 1, 2007.

1. McFly

McFly

Some one school me on these. How rare are they? There is one on the bay and I was shocked at the price. You could get a decent project for the going bid. Educate me. Item number: 200112879583 for the curious.

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Welcome to the wonderful world of old speed parts and baby boomers with big big bucks.

3. alchemy

alchemy

You can buy the same mag body with a Chevy mount for a lot less. Then get the drive adapter from Speedway and have a machinist whittle the mount on a lathe.

I think with the one you refer to, a guy is paying for the "originality" and the restoration services of that particular unit. It looks nice.

4. rustybucket

rustybucket

I have been watching H&C mags on ebay for a while. This is the second high dollar mag in several weeks. After I finish shaking my head I realize I’m sick to my stomach.

Maybe they already do but these rich guys should take up stamp collecting instead.

Start stashing cheesy fart can mufflers and wings for Hondas because one day the rich guys kids will be doing the same.

Chris

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

They don't have any advance--usually run on racers with adjustable Offy mount plate (see Dmarv!). Many flathead looking ones were made to use on OHV engines with front plate drives, but these have backwards rotation generally...