Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hanging Rock run- first photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dadseh, Feb 9, 2004.

1. dadseh

dadseh

2. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Man those Aussie cars are wild!

3. Machinos

Machinos

4. All them Monaro,s and Torana,s brought back fond memories
    for me. The silver GTS, pic#245 gave me the shivers.
    Same as my first car. Also like the pic of the Leland P76
    (#284) all by itself. Was it being set up for target
    practice or was it for the car bash at 10 cents a hit.?

5. dadseh

dadseh

BTTT for those who only frequent here on weekends.... yea right!

DADSEH [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. bit of topic but what was the deal with hanging rock again, didn't some high-school girls murder each other there?

7. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Boy, what great pictures. looks like a little bit of everything there. what is the turnout for that event anyway?.
    thanks for posting them.

8. dadseh

dadseh

Christien...
    You are close,
    The Movie was by Peter Weir, 1975....

On a drowsy St. Valentine's Day in 1900, a party of girls from a strict boarding school in Australia goes on a day's outing to Hanging Rock, a geological outcropping not far from their school. Three of the girls and one of their teachers disappear into thin air. One of them is found a week or so later, but can remember almost nothing. The others are never found.

Lakes modified...
    Havn't seen the number yet but estimated at over 2000 vehicles. Just gets bigger every year.

dadseh

9. Right, jeezes, I'm well on my way to become one of those looney filmbuffs that can't keep fact and fiction apart, remember seeing that movie, very eerie.

10. flatoz

flatoz

over 2200 entries of all shapes and sizes. great event, just a bit hot this year..

11. Great looking cars from the "Land Down Under"!!...The warm weather in the pic's make's me wish Spring was closer up here in Canada.....Would any of you fine Australian rodders tell me if their still printing the NZ Hot Rod magine? I had some given to me back in 1998 and really enjoyed reading about the rich rodding action in the South Pacific Region. Cheers, F.E.

12. NZ Rodder is still pinted. It used to be a pocket size format (really cool then!! [​IMG]) but now (well, since Issue 10) it is a standard A4 size glossy mag with street machines........kinda lost the plot. [​IMG]

13. Silliest car of the weekend went to this WB ute......

Attached Files:

14. My favourite car of the weekend...not that I got much time to check it out.

Attached Files:

15. Thanks Peddro on the NZ Hot Rod mag. update....ya, that blue Caddy looks real sweet! Got to love those finn's also.

Cheers F.E.

16. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

Have you got any more pictures of the Teardrop Camper? Are there many down under? I luv em.

17. Crestliner

Crestliner

There was a couple 6 cly running side drafts. What are the engines and are they factory or after market ?

18. dadseh

dadseh

Crestliner,
    They be your famous Holden red 179/186CI. running aftermarket triple webbers. Good for 200 ponies.

DADSEH