Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Handmade '32 roadster body (edited)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ratamahata, Feb 3, 2019.

1. patsurf

patsurf

could you please show some pics of actually forming the steel pieces!!thank you,and EXACTLY as everyone else has said-magnificent!! work....

2. dwollam likes this.
  3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Again...wow.
    Look at that.
    It's not reasonably feasible to stamp complete panels, so form smaller pieces separately and weld 'em together.
    Amazing.

4. kidcampbell71 and dwollam like this.
  5. First Picture: My Friend... The Magician who build those bodies...
    Second Picture: Different Body panels ready to assemble... PicsArt_02-20-02.38.24.jpeg PicsArt_02-20-02.40.14.jpeg

Sent from my Mi A1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

GuyW, Hank56, dwollam and 3 others like this.
  6. jimgoetz

jimgoetz

I don't even know what to say ! Amazing !

7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Wow , what talent.

nunattax likes this.
  8. touring20

touring20

Amazing, do not know how to even start ! MORE !

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@ratamahata you fellas are definately changing the Hotrod landscape down there that's for sure...

Question for you...How is the Traditional Hotrod/Custom movement as we know it here down your way?

I do understand North American vintage iron has had a presence going way back...and there was plenty of rally and other type vintage car racing in the past.

Just curious.

10. In Argentina just the word Hot Rod is interpreted in different forms for sure... like streed rod... only a few would determine the difference, maybe a a traditional Hot rod is called Old School for the mass... Maybe some TV programs with RR cars, rusty cars... You know! some years back where popular and there are some fan of them... But... Slowly the people recognized the tradition involved in the Hot Rods...
    Again Discovery channel TV shows. Maybe there are not officially the Hot Rod voice but put a little Help!!
    Example: If someone would attempt SEMA maybe he want to take a picture with Chip Foose or Richard Rawlings... Me? Will want to drink a beer with Stogy and Brian Bass! That what I see for the hot Rod scene... My friend Joaquín doesn't know English but he's open to learn... So I receive a lot of info from The HAMB... It's a pleasure for me be a part of this forum... They educate me in the right way... I Do my best for transfer all the info to my Friend Joaquín, my son's and some other good fellas...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Pat, HEMI32, GuyW and 5 others like this.
  11. Just Gary, dwollam, nunattax and 2 others like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats funny...Rat hey if your ever up Ottawa Canada way PM me and we will have a beer...;)...If anything you fella's hammer out gets built Hamb friendly please do share...

Theres a mix of Hotrod, Street Rod and all the others here too with Hamb friendly a minority but there are some.

I suppose if we build or drive stuff the way we like others may follow but that is really not the main focus of course. But it's nice to be amongst like company...and sometimes that isn't easy.

Do you have your Hotrod on the road yet?

13. On the way only....

Stogy likes this.
  14. Many Thanks for the invitation... I really appreciate!!

Stogy likes this.
  15. patsurf

patsurf

of course,when you get here-you are going to have to teach classes!!-and maybe have gene winfield come and sign your cars!!

Stogy likes this.
  16. kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah I'm sure there's a few up this way that would be interested in that but once these fellas get established there is a market for that for sure...But I would settle for a cheers, handshake and chat.

Gene might be a little travel shy after his unfortunate last adventure...

18. Stogy likes this.
  19. HaHa! That's would be incredible !! Have little Knowledge on Metalshaping ... I collaborate with opinions, pictures, plans. etc.
    I am carpenter by profession ... My grandfather was a carpenter, He teach me ...

Stogy likes this.
  20. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Steve,
    Include me on that “beer session” I want to see/hear how all of this translates all 3 ways ;).
    Joaquin is freakin talented!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Ratamahata, Great post!

Stogy and ratamahata like this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Did someone say BEER?

Cyclone Kevin, Stogy and ratamahata like this.
  22. Cyclone Kevin and Stogy like this.
  23. New project in the shop... Will have to build the turtle deck on the T... Needs some for a new 32 Roadster build... IMG-20190225-WA0083.jpeg IMG-20190225-WA0084.jpeg IMG-20190225-WA0085.jpeg IMG-20190225-WA0081.jpeg IMG-20190226-WA0204.jpeg IMG-20190226-WA0205.jpeg

GuyW, dwollam, Hank56 and 4 others like this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    dwollam, Hank56 and a boner like this.
  25. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

The T turtledeck will be a piece of cake compared to the 32 roadster bodies!

26. Stogy... Many thanks for the link... I saw that picture on a thread and others websites... The engine you're mentioned it's a Y-BLOCK just sit at the rear of the T only because we're hauling it once...

Stogy likes this.
  27. dwollam, Stogy, a boner and 1 other person like this.
  28. Hey Guys ... Good news ... Front axle and other parts arrived from USA ... I talked with Jason Slover from Pete's and Jake's ... I'm really appreciate the help... He bringing me a quickie answers to my questions...
    The complete chromed front axle, drilled... Hairpins, aluminum hubs, willwood 4 pistons calipers, Vega box... IMG_20190303_091742_097.jpeg

GuyW, Stogy, dwollam and 3 others like this.