Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBs goin' to Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Car Gurl, Jan 13, 2009.

1. WOW HotRod Ron is famous...they just quoted him on TV.............atta boy Ron

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Figures:rolleyes: I get up to pee and miss something good.:(

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

You're the first guy in the world to mention it. What is it? Tell us more.

4. To be fair I picked something that was easy so I didn't look like a jackass on national tv. It's cool having all these auctions in your backyard. Will be going to some later in the week. The one reporter that is outside all the time Rick Debrule is a local new caster here in Phoenix.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

I don't know, how many tines can you listen to the guy rant about the hidden gas cap on mid 50's GM cars?:rolleyes:

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Anyone had any insider knowledge regarding how much a guy like Steve makes on a week long gig like this. Man o man that dude is choke full of car knowledge.

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Troublemaker427 and I had breakfast with Steve last Spring. He had several TV shows in the works, (Speed and the History Channel). A few weeks later Steve sent me a photo of his house that he just bought in Massachusetts, where he is originally from. He was looking forward to moving.
    Never met a guy who knew so many details about cars...amazing guy.
    ..at the Pete Millar Art Show in June...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  8. NOW that makes the drive up worth while.......:rolleyes:;)

9. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Is Steve on the Hamb?

10. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Its very unfortunate that auction was ever put on TV.

11. noboD

noboD

Mecum sells tons of REAL Muscle cars, like the swiss cheese Pontiacs, Dragon Snake Cobras. They sold Hoss Cartwright's Z-16, and about to sell one of the original '63 Z-06 Corvettes. If I had your $$ '37 that's where I would go to buy.

12. noboD

noboD

Car Gurl, from the looks of prices tonight you better take the check book!! The ZR2 for $65,000.

13. Are you kidding??? he was the most arogant asshole Ive ever seen on speed channel,if it wasnt a 100 point british car it was crap in his book and if he called the hood on a muscle car a bonnet one more time I was gong to shove a BRITISH flag up his ass..........thank god the FIRED his ass

14. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

BJ and mecum is the reason everyone wants crazy Hollywood money for there cars.I do see prices are dropping and a lot of wannabees selling there cars now.Wonder what the next fad will be.

15. junk fiend

junk fiend

just got done watching tonight, it was pretty lame vettes and impala SS's

16. I'm convinced that they pump some kind of hallucinogenic agent into the air in those tents out there. It's obscene how much money they spend for shit out there!!:confused:

17. I like it, I am watching it as I have been reading this post .Now I will have to watch again to see all the Hamb people.

18. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

how did spanky nab her????

19. A quick Google search provided these photos of Amy out of her Tie & Sports Coat. She's an accomplished auctioneer in her own wright, with many national awards for her abilities on the podium. I'd love to see her hammer some cars at B-J. She's also an accomplished singer and does the national anthem each day at B-J.
    Has she become the auction world's Linda or Jungle Pam?

Attached Files:

20. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

See CarGurl, lots of Amy fans out here, I think I hit a nerve...

Not HAMB friendly, but the GM show cars that went last night for big$$ were pretty amazing, especialy that vette, and I'm not even a corvette fan. Have to admit, BJ does bring in some cool stuff.

21. Kerry67

Kerry67

Obviously............$$$$$$$$$

I myself don't think she is that hot. Decent looking but not someone that I would be drooling over.

22. Goin down tomorrow, got 2 goin across the block, 1 thursday and 1 friday.
    This year ought to B real interesting.

23. headin that way this morning.....should be intersting..............if Im lucky I will run into cargurl

24. That '59 Ford 4dr.ht went for 12 grand .. it looked brand new .. and a '66 Impala SS 283 power glide went for like 11 something .. damn that sounded cheap to me .. but then again a Metro went for 30K .. I thought I got a hell of a deal on my '56 but I ain't so sure now .. Is the $500 you pay to bid & sell refundable if you sell or buy ?

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Pretty shallow of the two of you. Can't a girl fall in love with a guy that has a great personality, witty sense of humor, warm heart, big dick, etc, no matter what he looks like? Why are you two assuming it was $$$???

26. Kerry67

Kerry67

The guy is 100 years older than her. I am sticking with the $$$$ factor.

27. hope your right denise or Im going to be single for a LLLLLLLong time!!!! :rolleyes::D

28. Kerry67

Kerry67

Well, It may not be big but it is good looking..........

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well perhaps if you just get your ears tucked you'd have all the bases covered ;)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  30. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Spanky is the King shit in the auction world...not just cars but horses, livestock, etc... and she was a young National auction winner,like him, years earlier. He's a mentor, she looks up to him, plus he swings a really big hammer:)