Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hambers in Serious Accident after Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Petejoe, Aug 6, 2006.

1. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

Just old, bald and fat here! But maybe they have her on some really good dope! LOL! Any idea which hospital?

2. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Get well soon, Megan. I did meet you but I'm sure you don't remember me. I was the older guy at the big tent out front of the South Wing with Nick32vic and Plowboy.
    My prayers are for you.
    DeuceDog

3. keith089

keith089

I have stuff laying aroun too. Hell maybe we can get enough to build a new T or something

4. I hope that a speedy recovery comes and that everything comes out 100%. That is yet another time I have heard about where NOT wearing a seatbelt has saved a life....if I am ever in a convertible or topless vehicle I don't know that I will wear one. I have heard of many instances where being thrown from the vehicle was actually a good thing when compaired to what would have happened had they had the belt on and stayed in the car. God bless them.

5. me too let me know I will see what I can come up with......Redsled

6. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

matt & megan our in our prayers,

megan hope you feel better and get well soon!

alex & gambino kustoms

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OK guys, I know you might not read all the posts in this thread:rolleyes: BUT the T she was driving belongs to Matt, Whiskey Runner and although I haven't seen the photos yet I heard the T is totaled which is a long way from a few donated parts will fix it.

As far as Megan's ride, she's doing a '48 GMC truck. The link to her buildup is in one of my other posts on this thread. Not sure what parts she could use still for the truck EXCEPT I know she was talking to Race about a Gennie Shifter on Saturday. ;) Read over her thead and see if you can determine what parts she needs still and if you have something you'd like to donate to her truck project PM me and I'll send you her address to ship the part to.

Broken ribs are very painful and take a while to heal. She's gonna be off work for awhile and more then likely outta the garage for even longer. How about some of you guys in OH organizing a weekend thrash on her truck and getting that big boy truck on the road for her. We've done a couple of very successful thrashes here in Michigan on a couple of different HAMBers cars. Lots of fun and very rewarding. I'd be happy to lend my welding expertise and plasma cutting skills to the mix.:rolleyes: ;) :D

and someone get that girl a laptop in that boring hospital room.:cool:

Megan's truck buildup post
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76258&&showall=1

8. Dougan

Dougan

Thoughts and prayers going out to Matt and Megan from the Kansas City HAMBers.

Dad and I met them at the meet and greet on saturday, cool people.

Keep us updated.

9. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I hope everyone is gonna be Ok...my prayers.

10. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

they are in our prayers,

11. 49oldscoupe

49oldscoupe

I'll say a pray for a speedy recovery for ya Megan!

12. demonspeed

demonspeed

glad to hear they are ok. I hope they recover soon!

13. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

get well soon. take care

14. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Wishing a speedy recovery!!

-Jason

15. I'd think insurance will cover the loss of the T. Still, I don't know if I'd want to climb back in one after the ride Megan just took. I'd bet it doesn't get replaced - at least not in the form of a T bucket.

Denise's idea of an Ohio HAMB Thrash on her truck sounds good though.

Wouldn't that be an awesome "get well" wish?

JH

16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Megan is doing well .
    News this evening indicates a good blood count which shows a healthy spleen. Cars can be fixed easily. This just loosens up more funds for the next project. Megan is to stay in for two or three days. She and Matt asked me to convey to everyone thank you for your prayers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lots of pics coming. So be patient More replys will have more pics...
    We also have one pic on a cell phone of the accident but havent downloaded it yet.
    The T bucket held up well for a 70 mph impact hitting it two times and rolling on the second hit.
    My welds held up well... Thank God they cushioned the impact with the engine and tranny well supported.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

18. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

WOW!!:eek: She was very lucky.......Get well soon.

19. Clark

Clark

Ouch!!!! Glad everybody is OK!
    Clark

20. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Man that sends cold chills down my spine looking at it...glad she is gonna walk away from that...yikes that is some scary stuff!

21. beatnik

beatnik

Wow, the 37 took a good hit too.

I'd be interested in seeing some close ups of the front suspesnion on the T just to see how and which parts failed from the impact.

Glad their going to be fine.

Gus

22. Ruiner

Ruiner

god that looks horrible...it really puts shit in perspective...good welds man, thank god that motor didn't become a projectile in a rollover...I'm glad everyone's going to be ok, and I hope this doesn't slow things down for either of them in terms of projects and hot rods/kustoms in general...

23. sephgato

sephgato
    from fenton

WOW! I hope everything turns out okay....Hope she gets to go home soon, We live in Mich but the Ohio guys should definetly get a thrash together, maybe each of the Mich guys can buy a part to help out. Thank god you guys are all okay that is soooo narly.

24. jimbob

jimbob

WOW, glad to hear she is OK.

25. Add me to the list of people hoping to a fast recovery...from one Nervous Norvis fan to another....

26. reborn55

reborn55

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery to Matt and Megan. Take care guys.

27. Vergil

Vergil

That is scarey, my thoughts and prayers for both and a thank you Lord for watching over them.

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Matt, Whiskey Runner called to give me an update. They moved Megan from teh ER trama unit to ICU. Her Mother is with her along with Matt. They want her still for awhile hopping the rupture in her spleen will heal itself. She has a hole in her leg from the shifter which broke off.

She's in the University of L'ville Hospital, Floor 9 West, Room 7. From what Matt relayed to me this is suppose to be one of the best trama hospitals in the midwest. If someone wants to stop by Matt said she'd probley like the company.

Here's how the accident went down from Matts perpective.
    Matt was in the giveaway truck about 3 truck lengths behind Megan. They were in the right lane traveling about 70 MPH. The rest of their posse was in front of Megan with a number of other streetrods passing them on the left. The was no guard rail on the left with about a 65 foot drop. There was a guard rail on the right.

He saw the rear wheels lock up with smoke pouring from them. Megan tryied to keep the T under control as she tried to slow down and pull over to the right. As soon as the right front tire came off the asphalt it hooked and spun her ass end around to the left where then the drivers side hit the guard rail and Megan went flying like a rag doll.

Matt had to watch the whole thing happen as he tried to slow down. He couldn't go to the left because of all the other traffic and he didn't want to hit the T because he couldn't see where Megan had been tossed to so he rightly chose the guardrail on the right for the giveaway truck. He said he was out of the truck before it even stopped running to try to find Megan. He couldn't see her so he yelled out her name a few times. She then popped up outta the weeds and started walking toward him. He got her to sit down and wait for help.

Three nurses in other vehicles stopped, one of them a streetrodder. By this time the rest of their posse noticed a couple of semis pulled over and the giveaway truck sideways in the road. They pulled over and ran back.

Rescue workers came and took care of Megan and asked Matt to pull the batteries out of the cars for transport. The T was upside down on the guardrail with gas pouring out of it. You guys pretty much know the rest of the story. Megan certainly had an angel sitting on her shoulder yesterday. She's a very lucky gal.

Matt told me he has Grundy insurance on both cars. He's not worried about them at all though, just Megan. They both work for the same company and their boss is being very supportive and has been calling Matt just about on an hourly basis for updates.

Another thing Matt mentioned regarding the bucket was how surprised he was about how the body stayed on the frame. It's a Total Preformace package and has these rubber body mounts that expand inside the frame. Something like that. Anyway, he was quite impressed with the quality of the bucket pieces. I'm sure he'll explain in detail once everything settles down.

I'll post more updates as I hear them.

Keep the prayers going.

29. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

hell YES it is,,,first of id like to say,, ,,BEST WISHES to chevyrox girl,,,she seems like a STRONG person,,,,,

but as far as U of L goes,,,my co-workers father(and freind) has been there since july 3rd,,when a automobile pulled out in front of him while he was on his motorcycle and he went flying head first into a SUV with no helmet,,,he would have been DEAD any where else,,but the people at U of L pulled off a miracle. ,,most wrote him of as dead or as a vegetable ,,,thanks to the people at Uof L he is not only sitting up and talking and eating,,he is scheduled to enter rehab this wendsday...:D AMZING<<<

30. sledish

sledish

My God those pictures will give you chills. God bless and a speedy recovery. Prayers for you.