Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hambers in Serious Accident after Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Petejoe, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Steel Coupes

Steel Coupes
    from Midwest

I'm truly glad to hear you're going to be fine, it's really a miracle it wasn't much worse. Cars can be fixed & replaced.:)

Now about the accident.

"I was cruising along at about 75 when I went over a bridge. The engine changed pitch slightly and I wasn't sure what was wrong, but the car was still moving forward. I decided that I had better slow down and pull over to check things out. I didn't want to put on the brakes since I wasn't sure what was wrong. We were ascending a hill so I figured I would just take my foot off the gas and naturally slow down. Well that all went through my mind in about three seconds. The next thing I knew the wheels were skidding and the bucket was out of control."

Was that big 'ol 4 piece pool cue that's in the pic above on there when it happened ? I haven't read every single post, but from what I have read it was an automatic ?

If so, and it wasn't something else obvious like the rearend, and I had to guess, it would be that pool cue as a shifter was way too heavy and worked it's way forward, had foward pressure , or near forward pressure on whatever the selector system was, and the bump of the bridge jarred it and made it jump the detent forward into nuetral then reverse. I don't mean to jump to conclusions, but it sounds like there's two things, a car went into reverse (I've seen this happen before) , and there's a way tall heavy shifter with a lot of leverage & weight.

Again, glad to hear you're ok:)

2. atch

atch

best wishes for a speedy and painless recovery megan.

someone mentioned the hamb drags. you gonna be there?

3. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Thanks again for all the good well wishes. I am feeling a little better everyday. I hope to get out to work on my motor for my truck a little on Thursday. It sucks that I am off work all this time and can't even work in the garage!

4. Best wishes on a fast recovery, Megan- We are all prayin for ya....."Luck" was with you.:D

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

glad you are back!

(I guess I should have gotten you a Halibrand Tshirt instead... :)

6. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

I've been away from the computer for a few days and was glad when I got back on to see that you were home and doing well. Those pictures are un-real. It was really good to meet you and Matt, too bad it had to be under those circumstances...take care of yourself first, then you can fix the cars. Tell Matt I said hey too. Tim

7. Brickster

Brickster

8. CGkidd

CGkidd

Glad to hear you are home. Is there any parts or anything needed to help with your project? I am sure we (the HAMB) can make things work to help out.
    Eric

9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Well after Matt haggled with the insurance company for months on buying this T bucket back he was able to take a look at the components of this thing.
    The rear axle and dif were in great shape with no evidence of a problem.
    The brakes did not indicate any lockup. The wheel bearings were good.
    The only thing left at this point not taken apart is the tranny.
    It looks as if that must have been the cause of the accident. This was an original automatic. Still looking yet.
    thats all we have so far.
    Megans been bugging us to get back to her project pickup.
    So she's back in form. Pj

10. Thanks for the update.-MIKE;) :cool:

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Thumbs up! She's a trooper for sure!

12. rodsnhawgs

rodsnhawgs
    from WV

I was just wondering about all this yesterday... thanks for the update on the car and the gal....