Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB relay from Pella, IA to Green Bay/Milwaulkee or St. Louis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mac the Yankee, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I'm in need of some help to get an early Chevrolet 4 engine/trans out east. 54newyorker is willing to help me from either the Green bay/Wilwaulkee/Madison WI area OR St. Louis, MO- the trick is to get it to either of those general area.

I've donated some travel time with relays before and could really use some help here!

Thanks, Bill

PS- the end goal is to get the engine to the Athens, GA area... if anyone can get it closer than NJ (54newyorker is from Jersey and my folks are in Philly, so I could get it from there on a trip north), that'd be AWESOME!

2. Bump for the morning crew

3. Bump for the nightly crew

4. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How soon? I'm by Iowa City and have a month off after next week. I can probably help for fuel. Time is on me

5. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BTW St. Louis would be closer than Green Bay if any one wants to jump in. I could use a road trip. But my sister in law lives in St Louis so would prefer to not have to bring the wife and have to visit.

6. justabeater, thanks for the offer- I'm really trying to do this on a shoestring budget (teacher's salary :) ) and am trying to find folks who are already heading in the general direction, which is, from what I've seen, the essence of a HAMB relay.

7. Ok ya confused me.....where is the motor or could it get to milwuakee area in the next week or two?

8. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pella iowa I guess from the title. I guess it doesn't really say in the post though.

9. Sorry PBR- it's in Pella, IA- man, if you're headed down here, and I could find a way to get it to you before you leave, that'd be awesome!

And justabeater, please forgive me for being vague AND I hope you didn't take my response to your offer the wrong way- I'm in the midst of winter concert season and am working on WAY too little sleep :)

10. Heading down there for the holidays with an empty truck bed. If you could get it here, I can get it down there...

11. Will work on it- that'd be fantastic!!!

12. Okay, so the new plan is to get the engine/trans from Pella, IA to Milkaulkee, WI-
    MANY thanks to PBR for taking on the MAJOR chunk of this trip!!!

Covering a 6 hour trip is a HECK of a lot easier- if anyone can even get it part of the way it'd be a HUGE help!

13. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If anyone could get this to West Branch/Iowa City area, I go to the Quad Cities fairly regularly. I didn't mean to sound like an ass earlier, it is just that right now my budget is less than broke. All kinds of time but no money or I would round it up in Pella and get it up to Wisconsin all in one trip. I could do this anytime after Thursday of this week, with the exception of a couple of days. I'd love to help out as this place is as close to having brothers that I have.

14. MrWatts

MrWatts

If only I had a truck to assist. I have been driving from Des Moines to Cedar Rapids the last few weekends for working on my project....

15. 32Gnu

32Gnu

I'm traveling from charlotte to Atlanta this week and next, my schedule is flexible.. Im the boss...

If my route helps let me know..

16. sawzall

sawzall

if It needs to get from NJ to PHILLY I'll help you out.. as I should go visit pat pryor and mike 47 anyhow.. and I believe 54newyorker is in there area.

17. justabeater- you weren't at all! I was just trying to clarify a couple things :)

MrWatts- thanks for the offer- it'll fit in a trunk, especially if I can get the owner to split the engine/trans. If that's do-able, let me know:D

32Gnu- looks like PBRmeASAP can get it right here to GA, but thanks!

sawzall- MUCH appreciated! Right now, if I can get it to Milwaulkee, PBRmeASAP can bring it staright to GA. If not, I'll let you know... miss Hershey and hope to see you and Doug again there soon!!!

18. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PBRmeASAP when are you leaving? If I can muster up some diesel money I'll do the whole trip. The wife might kill me beings as I'm an unemployed student just mooching off of her right now. Gotta love going to school to get a better job so they axe any unemployment benefits. If nobody else can make the connections, I will try to figure out how to come up with the bucks somehow to get this man his stuff. If somebody could get it to me, just east of Iowa City, just off of I80, that alone would knock off the 210 mile round trip to Pella. That would save me about 12 gallons of fuel right there.

19. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

MrWatts- thanks for the offer- it'll fit in a trunk, especially if I can get the owner to split the engine/trans. If that's do-able, let me know
    Wait a minute how big is this? If I can get this in a VW Jetta, and the wife let's me have hers, it would cut the fuel cost in half or even more. If it would go in the trunk of a car, and didn't leak anything, I may be able to scrounge 75 bucks for fuel that is way better than 160.

20. Bump for the Tuesday Crew

Looks like this is coming together- just need to dot some T's and cross some i's :),

but if anyone can help with a leg of the trip to Milwaulkee and take some of the driving off of justabeater's trip, chime in!

Thanks again, Bill

21. MrWatts

MrWatts

At this point I am going to lean towards not being able to help. My only day off is Sunday, and I don't think I will be heading that direction this weekend.

22. Hey guys,

Sent PMs to FORDY 6, justabeater37, and PBRmeASAP. Just let me know if/when info gets exchanged and the plan.

Thanks again!

Bill

23. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Plan? we don't need no steenking plan. Its starting to fall in place will keep you updated.

24. Got your pm's- sounds like things are coming together!

PBR, looks like mid-morning on the 23rd may be the best option- I'll probably ask Brad or Stevie ride shotgun to lend a hand.

25. CH3NO2

CH3NO2

I'm 10 miles from Pella. I'd like to help out if I can.

26. Man, I appreciate it!... but I just got a PM from FORDY 6 and justabeater is already winging his way to Milwaulkee :)

27. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will be up there tomorrow afternoon. Couldn't quite make it happen today but it will go in the barn tonight and be up there tomorrow afternoon.

28. Thanks for the update Doug!

29. I'll put it next to my 28 in the garage tomorrow and she'll sit there for a bit....will be on it's way next friday....