Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB help allert in Louisiana

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56gasser, Aug 6, 2013.

1. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

Some fellow hambers Greg Burch and Dan Tackett are headed
    to Bonneville. They are having diesel trouble in a 2011 Chevrolet
    if anyone can help please PM me and I will get you in touch with them..

Thanks

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It might help if you can zero in on their current location or planned route a bit. Are they traveling on US 10 or 20?

3. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

They headed to Shevport,LA

4. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

Just spoke with the boys............Dan's 2011 Chevy/Duramax is suffering from a problem in the pollution control system. A dealer in Monroe, LA referred them to a dealer in Baton Rouge for help. Short version, the computer/DEF fuel additive/pollution system is limiting them to 50 mph with computer readout of 12 mpg. Any Duramax/GM technicians in Baton Rouge......or along the way going towards Dallas?

They wanted to be in Bonneville Thursday, but that's not happening......

Anyone? I can relay info..............

Thanks for all the help.

5. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

Forget to add to the previous post..........they are COMPETING, not spectating, and it's imperative they be there before Friday for tech inspections and driver orientations............HELP!

6. I know a technician in Lafayette if the come this way. Pm if they need my number.

7. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

when the DEF fluid is low it will shut down,first to 50mph then to 5 or 10mph then will shut down completly

8. RPM

RPM

Yep, try putting some Diesel Exhaust Fluid in the DEF tank. Under the hood with a blue handle, next the trans dip stick.

9. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

Not to be a wise ass...........but thanks, that's been done. Dan's had this truck for a couple of years and never had any problems prior to this. He's absolutely anal about this truck/trailer. It's pretty apparent it's a computer malfunction causing the problem, and the dealer in Monroe wasn't up to speed on dealing with it.

10. shotrod

shotrod

Maybe try finding a performance diesel shop around the area they probably would be able to get them rolling quicker than a dealership! Just a thought

11. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

Just talked to them. There back on the road hauling ass!!! They shut the truck off and
    restarted it the light went off and so are they!

12. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

When in doubt, reboot! Glad they are back to full speed.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Damn computer bull shit.

14. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

It looks like they may have solved the problem. If not and they are near Shreveport, they can stop by my place and i'll put them in the Suburban and they can take it to Bonneville. They could then fix the truck after Bonneville.
    318-773-5998

15. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Yep, the computer stuff is bad enough, now the emissions added on makes a rock solid design sissified and prone to breaking. I got the last of the no emissions diesel trucks back in 2001.

If the pump pushes fuel through the injector the engine runs - period... Or at least that's the way it used to be. :mad:

At least they got it running. Probably had to go through 3 cycles with no codes after adding the goop and the computer reset the fault.