Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HAMB friendly oil change receipts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by klawockvet, Apr 13, 2020.

1. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Out of Covid Boredom I was cleaning out the old family desk today and ran across an oil change receipt as well as a Standard Oil Credit card receipt. I thought I would share how it was done back in the day and what it cost in Los Angeles in May 1940. Gas at .18/gallon and top of the line oil at .25/quart. Standard Oil was one of the top gas and oil stations. It was probably cheaper with the independents, especially in the cheaper parts of the country. IMG_4070.jpg IMG_4071.jpg

mgtstumpy likes this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Simply Wow and cool.

3. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

My memory may be wrong but when I started in the gas station(1963) I don't think we charged labor for oil changes, just for the oil,, filter , and fluids ( antifreeze , brake fluid , gear oil trans fluid, power steering fluid , distilled water for the battery)....I remember fixing a flat was $2...gas was $.30 gal..

Lost in the Fifties likes this.