Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

HAMB Famous 49 Ford COE For Sale - Reduced to $23K

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by 38Chevy454, Feb 18, 2017.

1. City: Albuquerque

State: New Mexico
    Price: 26000
    4/15/17: Price Drop $23,000

Well, this going to be moving across the country kind of sucks. Need to thin down the number of vehicles to move. Can't believe it but selling my (almost) world famous 49 Ford COE. I built this 15 years ago and have driven it all over, couple years as a daily driver, and many road trips. It has been to Bonneville many times (6 years I think???). There are pictures of my COE all over the HAMB and on international hot rod forums, picture sites, and who knows where else? Needless to say, everyone loves the COE. So much for the sappy emotional crap, here are some details.

1949 Ford F-6 COE body and front sheetmetal. Top is chopped 4 inches, all pillar angles are stock. All windows work incl the cut down vent windows. Chassis is a 74 GM 1-ton reg cab longbed, the shortest dually version. Has dropped spindles and airbags in front. Rearend flipped on top of leafs and c-notched in the rear. Has supplemental airbags in the back, but they are not unless you are hauling real heavy load like when I hauled 24 railroad ties in one load. Custom made flatbed is 74 inches wide x 10 ft length, with rounded mandrel bent corners and slightly recessed diamond plate surface. Rear fenders are 46-47 Ford big truck front fenders cut and reworked to make into rear.

Drivetrain is a 69 small block Chevy 350 with double hump heads. Slight performance cam, but it is just a good running engine. Edelbrock alum intake and a Holley vac sec 650 single feed carb. 2.5 inch dual exhaust. Turbo 400 trans and the GM 14-bolt rearend that has 3.73 gears. Basically bulletproof drivetrain as long as you do some preventative maintenance.

Drives real good, can be a bit rougher since you sit right over the front tires. I narrowed and had recovered the bench seat out of the 74 GM donor pickup, it has nice comfort. Has an old 60's underdash add-on A/C unit that blows nice and cold, R-134a and a Sanden compressor on the engine. Has a heater also. So it is year-round comfort. Don't drive it in the snow however, it is not worth a crap in the snow! I got stuck in my own driveway in the snow, just no weight on the back dually tires. Tires are 225/75R16 front and 235/85R16 rears for a bit of the hot rod rake look.

The lack of paint is real sitting out in the field patina. No fake BS patina or clear over the rust, it is au naturel. Body is not perfect, but has no real rust besides the surface. Interior is mostly the dynamat material surface on floor and engine cover, and stock painted metal.

So this is not a completely finished ready for magazine and show circuit vehicle. It is also not a project COE that needs everything. Spend a bit of time if you want to make it better, or just drive it as-is and get more attention than you have had before. Everyone loves the COE. It needs nothing really, but you can add your own touches to make it yours.

I have the full build pics and can answer any questions. PM me for more info. No trades, I need to thin down the number of vehicles. Thanks for looking, Terry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. You know you want it. Contact me if interested.

3. Had several interest, but nobody completing the deal yet. Save me the cost and hassle of moving it, so reducing the price to $24,000.

4. Easter weekend bump, and price drop to $23,000