Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags/Thanks Damnit Dave & Grasshopper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BELLM, Aug 29, 2005.

1. BELLM

BELLM

We got in about 11:30 last night. What a blast. My friend Jack's (Ricky) truck broke down (injector pump) about midnight Wednesday just as we got into Oklahoma. I used the HAMB Drags cell phone list & called Grasshopper as I knew he was leaving Austin around midnight with an empty trailer. He and Rick & John & Sharon showed up about 6AM with Ricks truck on the trailer. I unloaded the raggedy roadster, put Jacks rat rod on my trailer and we took off. 7 1/2 hrs later my roadster & Grasshoppers sedan pulled into the Ramada in Joplin followed by the trucks with trailers.
    Next morning I got in touch with Damnit Dave as I knew he and Tiffany & Crow and Beky were coming up in a truck Friday morning. They brought the Flyrite trailer and hauled Jacks rat truck back to Round Rock for us Sunday so I didn't have to drive the raggedy roadster 600 miles. I close my eyes and see the Flyrite emblem on the back of Dave's trailer, I stared at it driving so long yesterday!

A big thank you to Ryan & Marcie for the drags and all they do.

Thank you to Edwin, Rick, John & Sharon for meeting us and driving with us to Joplin. Running with Edwin's sedan made driving the roadster for 7 1/2 hrs more fun. Edwin has knarly nads, he drove all the way from Austin and back in the sedan. Talk about hardcore!

Thanks to Dave & Tiffany & Crow & Beky for hauling back the rat rod truck and driving back and hanging with us.

Good to see everyone & meet a bunch of new people. Thanks to WZ JUNK for the cruise, thanks to TMAN, Fiddy Four & the others for feeding us Friday night. HAMBers rule!!!

Everybody come to the Kontinentals Day of the Drag Race weekend of October 1 and we will do it again!!

2. Eddie, everytime I see you, your better half and the rest of the Texas crew, I smile. Yer good folk:). Now, how do we blow off 360 some odd days until we can do it again?:D

3. Was great to see you and Cindy again. I was pleasantly surprised to see the ratty roadster turning 13's. That thing's perty quick!

4. FWilliams

FWilliams

mmmm, oct 1st you say......

good to see you and the wife eddie

Fred

5. Rusty

Rusty

That roadster was flying.

6. grass hopper

grass hopper

thank you and the whole thunderbolt crew for the good time i had friday night & for keeping intouch with me to make sure i made it home o.k. it was like you would call me then crow would call then reggie. if i was to brake down i would of had a whole bunch of hot rods coming to help. thanks guys for all ya'll help & friend ship.i mite drive the car up there and back agin next year any one up for it?

7. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had no idea that roadster was that damn quick!

8. Eddie,
    Did you see me wave at the intersection of I-35 and 30 in
    Dallas. I just finished eating with Hotwheel and ElJefe and
    was on my way home. Saw your rig stopped in traffic.
    TZ

9. BELLM

BELLM

Sorry I missed you Tyler. Edwin said you guys stopped just ahead of us to eat. I hate taking 35 through Dallas. Pain in the ass, I was white knuckled all the way through.
    Edwin I plan on driving all the way with you next year, hopefully in the 32 with AC!!!
    Reggie I had no idea it would run either, first time to run it, first time on a dragstrip since 1965 (street don't count!) It was banging out, tossing fan belts, and not hooking up coming off the line. Plus I was learning the lights & the car, Every run was a little better. Best of the day before I ran out of fan belts was 13.22 and 109. Day of the Drags I plan on running 112 and breaking into the high 12s!!
    I'm hooked on 1/4 mile again, was a blast!!