Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HAMB Drags Car ID Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigcheese327, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I'm writing a piece forHemmings Motor Newson the HAMB Drags using some pics Lucky77 shot. I need to ID the car owners and hometowns for captions. Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

The only thing I know about this Dodge rollback is that the owner’s name may be Seth.

[​IMG]

Looks like “Risky Business” is a ’51 Chevy business coupe with a bored-out 283, but Googling “George Hill Blacksmith Shop” didn’t get me anywhere.

[​IMG]

I’ve spoken with Kevin Dark about his Falcon, but leads on the Valiant would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

What little I can see of the grille surround makes me think this is a ’53 Chevy, but I could be mistaken.

[​IMG]

You wouldn’t think there would be that many Hudson Jet drag cars around, but I haven’t found any other pictures of this one, nor any leads as to the owner or what the technical details might be. Info on the Model A is also needed.

[​IMG]

I’d be happy to ID the owners of the ’57 Chevy along with the English Fords, although if you know any of the background cars, that information would be welcome too.

[​IMG]

Other shots show this ’58 Corvette with a GMC-style blower sticking through the hood and five-spoke mags. Other than that, I can’t glean any more information.

[​IMG]

This ’55 Chevy has “Infidel” lettered on the door above a Maltese Cross.

[​IMG]

Anybody know the blue ’40 Ford or the red-and-white ’56 Bel Air?

[​IMG]

Here’s the Infidel ’55 again along with a dark-gray Willys coupe. An ID on either would be great.

Thanks again!

2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

The blue '40 is mine

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

Just got the November issue. Nice article!

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Thanks! It was fun to write. Wish I'd been there, but Lucky77's photography made it feel that way.