Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB DRAGS - August 21, 2004

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Sam.......I'm scheduled to roll up my garden hose that weekend but I'm gonna go to the drags instead...hope to see you and Mat there........

2. FWilliams

FWilliams

[ QUOTE ]
    .....OK I'll send my butler in my Lear to pick you up...

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, whats that shit you rockstars drink, crystol??, make sure there is plenty of that on board [​IMG]

3. [ QUOTE ]
    Sam.......I'm scheduled to roll up my garden hose that weekend but I'm gonna go to the drags instead...hope to see you and Mat there........

[/ QUOTE ]

If we do both come we'll have to bring our older brother John... he's the one with the smudge pot. [​IMG]

We'll have a "smokin' good time" at MOKAN for sure!

Sam!

4. Radshit

Radshit

While you boys were comfy in your hotel rooms Fri night.......

we had a good fire cooking at the track...and we were forcing home brewed corn liquor down Tman's throat...

Next year I hope T leaves enough hootch for the rest of us [​IMG]

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">

I seem to recall the state Tman was in after that.

I think you should be hoping that the HOOTCH leaves enough TMAN for the rest of us.

[​IMG]

Still can't figure out how he stood over that cooker, in that HEAT, in that condition. </font>

6. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

very precariously as I recall. [​IMG]

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The host hotel WILL NOT be the Holiday Inn. It will be the Ramada Inn just west of the Holiday... Do not call and make reservations yet as we are currently setting up group rates.

And last year we did have a host hotel... It's just that people didn't read the flier...

8. For the record, I only took two pulls of that Shine!

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Also thinking of a tire size rule to keep some of the tube chassis and more modern race cars away... Maybe a 10" and under slick rule or something of the like - only allow wider on sling shot dragsters...

10. The following photos have never seen the light of day til now, The REAL reason the HAMB pig tasted so damn good will be revealed.....

[​IMG]

Tman in either a half-drunk, half-passed out state, hell my cooler was completely full of beer, what did he want to drink? water [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr Bones was in complete charge of the whole damn thing, it can only be told now that the 2nd annual date has been set.

Farmall

PS I sure wish I would have gotten a picture of those two shady looking characters that were trying to "milk" [​IMG] that big Hereford bull!!!

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yeah it was all a big cover up.....hahahaha [​IMG]

12. That was a nap, and yes I WAS drinking water all day Sat!

13. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

[ QUOTE ]
    Also thinking of a tire size rule to keep some of the tube chassis and more modern race cars away... Maybe a 10" and under slick rule or something of the like - only allow wider on sling shot dragsters...

[/ QUOTE ] How about 10" rims ? Cuz that's what I have on my car!!! [​IMG] The tires are 30 x 13.50's (11.5" tread") [​IMG]

14. Nighttime = Faster time!!! [​IMG]

Corrected altittude at night would've brought Tuck and Rocky into the tens..!!! [​IMG] (If they could get their Kenosha Combines to hook-up!)! [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. [ QUOTE ]
    Nighttime = Faster time!!! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on your first run... my first run in the BFD was at night... and all that is at the end of that track is one light on one poll... the guard rail also ends at the quarter mile... I got down there and was on my way to 125mph... maybe doing 115...120... and then didn't have to nerve to run it all the way out the back door. I don't know if anyone else noticed it... but it was kind of bumpy at the end, so I was hearing this noise that sounded like metal banging... as if a suspension was bottoming out... the BFD has NO rear suspension so I was kinda worried. When I get back and start looking the car over, I found that it was my seat belts loosening up and then being tightened up on the bolts that were making the noise. And I was tightened in that thing so freakin' tight that my spine was curving!

Sam!

I did ok on the second run though. [​IMG]

Sam!

16. LOL [​IMG] Seatbelt Ghosts...!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's amazing how sharp your awareness is at night when there isn't any visuals to distract you!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

My first solo flight at night scared the hell out of me..., every little noise would "freak" me out..., I thought the wings were coming off!!!!! [​IMG]

17. Mo Junk

Mo Junk

Rocky, that was really cold, you takin shots at my little 305. I did do a better burnout than brother. Sam

18. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I like the late morning into the afternoon idea. It will not be as HOT quite yet. Also, driving back to Joplin (15 miles) in the dark with all the curves and narrow roads would be interesting. MOKAN is out in the country. To show the end of the track of what SAM is talking about.....
    [​IMG]
    http://photo.starblvd.net/MOKANdrags

19. No shittin' guys... sodbusters pic is of how much room you have to slow down in at 120+mph in the BFD!

Now imagine that at night with no lights on your altered, doing 125mph (second run) and one light on just one of those poles out there! Fuckin' awesome!

Hehehehe...

Sam!

Attached Files:

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nite or day, your first time down the track your not real sure where the end is...... at least I wasn't [​IMG]

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

Hey what about the races by day and then at night you can run the "grudge matches"? Like the just for funnies stuff.

Maybe leave the track in the heat of the day and then roll back in for dinner about 7 and have grudge matches or test and tune til 11?

22. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sam.

I would LOVE to see your Roach rod make it. Your car is kinda how I estimated what I thought my et might be. I thought, Sam has skinny tires and a tall gear and ran 13.02. SURELY I would at least get into the 12s. But NOOOOO, I ran 13.40 with more cubes and wider tires. WTF!!??

I would love to see your car in person and figure out why it is so damn fast. -Abone.

23. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Not to worry, Sammy. something would stop you befor you got to Opolis.Ks.

Just stand on it.

Jim

24. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I have noted before that the shut down area at Mokan is interesting. I thought it was a little spooky the first time I went through. However, I have seen some very fast cars including jet dragsters make full passes without any problems. They run a Friday night fun drags every week through the season and many 9 and 10 second cars and faster motorcycles run in that event. Years ago I saw Garlits match race a jet dragster there at night and believe me he wanted to go fast enough to stay ahead of the jet. We do not have a problem with anything that we would run at Mokan at night.

It does make the runs more interesting. Just be sure to pull your pants out of the crack of your ass when you get back to the pits.

25. [ QUOTE ]
    Sam.

I would LOVE to see your Roach rod make it. Your car is kinda how I estimated what I thought my et might be. I thought, Sam has skinny tires and a tall gear and ran 13.02. SURELY I would at least get into the 12s. But NOOOOO, I ran 13.40 with more cubes and wider tires. WTF!!??

I would love to see your car in person and figure out why it is so damn fast. -Abone.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and all that out of a 283... and with a 4 speed. [​IMG]

AND it gets 21mpg... 19 mpg if you hold it at 80...

Sam!

26. Blakmerk

Blakmerk
    from St.Joe MO

Hmmmm. maybe flamethrowers at half track. I'm in. I'll take ya on the 5 carlengths....

27. jerry

jerry

are those milage claims downhill with a tailwind sam?

nice 283 too!

jerry

28. FWilliams

FWilliams

[ QUOTE ]
    AND it gets 21mpg... 19 mpg if you hold it at 80...

[/ QUOTE ]

and how the hell would you know that ?

i took a sight seeing trip around livermore in roachy, ..funny......i dont remember much about livermore [​IMG]

29. The 21mpg was achieved on the Ego-Rama. We topped the cars off, used a new Chevy pickup to measure how many miles we traveled, and then topped off when we were done. A little simple math, and we figured out the MPG.

Incidentally, the terrain for the mileage test was not optimum. Sure we drove at 55-65mph the whole way... but a lot of it was in the hills. Before the trip I installed an old stewart warner vacuum gauge. The technique I used to drive the car was to try to maintain as much manifold vacuum as possible. While most people would let off going down hill, to try and conserve gas... I would accelerate! I would save the "letting off" for going up the next hill. If I was approaching a hill from flat ground... I would accelerate as much as possible with the vacuume gauge in the "good" range... maybe hitting 75-80mph in the process... and then coast up the hill, letting off the accelerator. If I timed things just right, the car would drop 30mph, to about 55mph, by the top of the hill.

Granted, this was squeezing as much out of it as possible without turning the key off... like someone else did [​IMG]

But driving the thing anywhere else... on flat ground... at 75-80mph... the car gets 19mpg on the hwy, period.

But everything from the rear suspension, (designed like a drag car suspension, but built with old Ford shit) to the rear end gears, to the shaved 5" wide tires [​IMG] to the tire pressure... to even the 1st gear in the manual trans and even the cam choice was matched to make it a fair performer at the drags... shocks undone in the front, no air cleaners, jetting... was all doped out and changed prior to the drags... (and people wondered why we were late showing up... saying when we left the hotel in the morning "we'll meet you there")

The one thing I don't have is nitrous... the car would be a screamer if I did.

Anyway, some day I'll do a show and tell on the 283 that powers the Roach Rod... I think you'll be amazed at the lengths a guy will go to to have a sleeper.

Sam!

30. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sam... I really don't care what mileage your Roach Rod gets....

I just wanna know WHY YOU ARE KICKING MY ASS BY ALMOST 1/2 A SECOND!!!!!!

WTF!!??-Abone.