Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HAMB Astro Supreme wheel relay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thunderplex, Dec 12, 2008.

1. thunderplex

thunderplex

I recently sold a set of Astro Supreme wheels mounted on WW tires to a fellow HAMBer. He is a US Marine stationed at a fwd airbase in Afghanistan. Shipping the wheels is very steep from GA to ID. He wants the relay his wheels/tires from my home to his home in Idaho Falls, Idaho. I will be taking the wheels to Oxford, AL and will transfer the wheels to another HAMBer from Huntsville, AL.

Help us get the wheels to this Marines's home in Idaho. He's doing his job for us so let's help him. There seems to be some difficulty in understanding what is required for the relay. So , I'll try to explain.

If YOU can pickup the wheels/tires from the EXISTING location, keep them at your place until another HAMBer picks them up and is able to take them CLOSER to Idaho Falls, ID. It's a relay to get them to Idaho Falls, Id from Pooler, GA. by the shortest distance and time. If you have any questions, ...please ask.

I've created a map to track the progress of the wheel relay. (see link below)

http://www.frappr.com/hambwheelrelay

DO NOT join the "map" unless you can help with the relay. The map is to show the progress of the relay and It'll be fun to watch that progress. Help keep the thread towards the top so it won't get burried.

Thunderplex

The Relay so far:
    1. Pooler, GA (will be delivered next)
    2. Huntsville, AL (need somebody to pick them up in Huntsville)
    3. ??

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  2. thunderplex

thunderplex

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Check and see if you can find an airbase down around that area, and see if there are any loadmasters or guys going to Mountain Home AFB that would be willing to do the relay for you.

Many of these guys will help one another out for nothing, and if the plane is flying a medevac type run, there'll just about always be room for something like that. Perhaps even a retiree could fly SPACE-A and carry'em out there as baggage?

4. BTTT

Ooooh Rah!

5. thunderplex

thunderplex

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

Maybe get them to Hill Air Force Base in Utah?

Regardless, I'd be willing to take them from Salt Lake to a HAMBer in Idaho.

7. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Thanks for all the help.
    If anyone needs to contact me I can be reached at [email protected]
    I get to my e-mail every few days so I will apologize now for any delayed correspondance.

Viva

8. thunderplex

thunderplex

...the wheels will be delivered to Oxford,AL and taken to Huntsville, AL.

Let's get these wheels to Idaho Falls, ID, ...ASAP.

9. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Time to bring this back to the top,

After a few phones calls and a damn close to life ending event for my good buddy Ken. I have still not been able to get my rims and tires from his place.

So if anyone is heading to Southern California (Oceanside) can you grab my stuff from Ken in Faulkville, Alabama and bring it out west for me??

Anyone?

Thanks
    Joe

10. chevyshack

chevyshack

This was originaly posted in '08 and here it is 2010 almost 2 years later? This is a slow ass relay!!

11. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

12. chevyshack

chevyshack

Ive seen guys post replies to posts from 3 or 4 years ago. Atleast i look at a date. Why dont you and a buddy take a road trip and pick them up?

13. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Yeah I knew the date would raise a few eyebrows.
    I would love to take a trip and pick them up myself but time and money will not allow for a good road trip.

14. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

15. thunderplex

thunderplex

Lets get these wheels moved guys!!

Posted using the full custom, V8, 4-speed app, rolling down highway 41.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  16. roughneck424

roughneck424

This is a 3 year old thread. I hope the wheels have moved by now? :)

17. thunderplex

thunderplex