Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB ART CHALLENGE #4- Sanford and Son's MUNTZ!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nate, Dec 12, 2007.

?

vote now!

Poll closed Jan 6, 2008.
  1. SUHRsc

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. fortypickup

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. 4t64rd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. PurplePearl50

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. James D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Royale with extra cheese :)

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. Bumpstick

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Rikster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Firetop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. hillbilly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. misfit36

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Clark Kustoms

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  13. Chopt 34

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  14. GaryC.

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  15. lockwoodkustoms

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  16. And

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  17. Flipper

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  18. gasit

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  19. Von Hartmann

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. James D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Ok, I stayed up and tryed to color this in with my Paint program. I really need to get photshop. But this is what I have for this challenge. Hope you like.

Attached Files:

2. And

And
    from Irvine, CA

Fortypickup, dig what you've done dude. Hey Chopt 34 do you have a higher res version? That thing has one killer front end.

Here's my take, it's hard to make these things look bad ass.

[​IMG]

3. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Here is my entry.

First. Cut the extra foot out of it and make it Kurtis length.

Second. Lower the heck out of it and shave the crap out of everything.....no top, bumpers, turn signals or side trim.

Third. Make a roll pan for the front and put the 55 chevy grill back on the car, an early t-bird-ish scoop on the hood, simple early sportscar (jaguar?) bucket seats inside, and 18" Halibrand kidney bean knock-offs with blackwalls underneath.

"Less is More"

[​IMG]

4. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

Ditch the Roo Bar in the front and give it a nice Ferrari like opening with a single bar tapered blade to complete the grille. Chop the windshield and add a Nash- Rambler fold back rag top which gives some character to this slab sided beast. Remove the rear bumber and smooth out the back end. Drop her in the weeds and away you go.
    [​IMG]

5. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I made it into a Bonneville car..r..somethin. The headlight hole are the intake

Attached Files:

6. Version two from me. Simple restyling using a (I would guess narrowed)`57 DeSoto front bumper and headlights. The front splash apron could either be chromed or painted body colour. I was aiming to keep the car looking like a Muntz, rather than turn it into something that it isn´t. You could aslo imagine that these modifications might have been done back in the day, to repair accident damage. Hope you like!

[​IMG]

7. shook

shook
    from austin, tx

That's beautiful! What's your medium?

8. alright fellas, voting is open.. This was a hard challenge and I really appreciate all the work that went into your entries... definately quality over quantity this time.. well done! When we find a winner I'll contact them so Clark can get the prizes out.

9. And Your drawing is simply amazing and I think you've really come up with some fantastic ideas on how to customize this inverted bath tub. Great work of art

Clark Kustoms That narrowed job is the direction I was heading with my own entry, I just never got a chance to put pencil to paper while on vacation. Nice job.

Rikster You come so close to getting my vote i could thread a needle, tasteful, elegent yet sinister, a 50's styled bulls-eye.

GaryC. Now you've done it. You've got my vote!!!

10. at work. how long is voting open?

11. 2 days, it closes sunday at noon

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Interesting that some of the guys took the Jet in the direction of a sled, and others made it a hot rod/race car. I picked Chopt 34's piece overall, and it's a great sled; but I think fortypickup made a great race car (even if you'd have to re-skin the entire car to get it).

13. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

If it wasn't altered to be a hot rod or a custom....what in the hell would it be? ...a work truck?

14. man, this one was tough. so much, I didn't even attempt with my schedule. tough one, because it's a Muntz. wow. what do you do with that? tough two, because I imposed my own added pressure of personalizing the ride of a dude I don't know. if your car isnt an extension of yourself, you got the wrong car and if you're changin your car, its gotta be of yourself... and dont get me started on the internal conflict I've had of art challenge vs design challenge. on this note I see some killer design concepts from the guys with salt-of-the-earth art skills. grande props to you folks for lettin it hang out! very well done...
    so now I feel like I'm in a democrat caucus with the funky number crunching process to balance out the tied up list of second choices on big merits. dang I put too much into this.

Long story short, my hat is off to all you guys for a bunch of killer concepts for the Crazy Muntz car. I only see it in my head as a custom and I still can't get the particulars organized in my brain's eye for my vision. Dig the racer versions, really dig the narrowed open wheel job, and each of the custom stylizations tease me like a knockout red head in an assortment of evening gowns...
    I gotta sleep on my vote and bring this back up top for some others' votes.
    Go to the poll, y'all !!!
    JML

15. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Well, you got me there!

16. A stocker?:p

17. Clark

Clark

Nate...where's your name?? I'd love to show up on the salt with that design!!

Vote now!!! It's almost over.
    Clark

18. yeah, i was going to stick my name in there.. but i didn't want there to be a conflict of interest or something..

soo.. congrats to And! well deserved for a killer design and drawing!

stay tuned for challenge #5.. it'll be a good one!

19. What conflict?
    The winner is based on the poll results right?
    I don't think you should be out of this just because it was your idea to start it.

20. I debated it, and I thought this was the way to go.. it's really no big deal.. I just didn't want there to be wierdness on the way outside chance I won or something..

but really.. it's no big deal.

21. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Nate...Your a true Gentleman! :)
    Congrats "AND" great job! You made that little Muntz a bad ass!
    Congrats to all that posted art! Great ideas bounced around here on this one!
    Now, lets get to Challenge #5! :cool:

22. Clark

Clark

All very cool concepts!!!!! I kept quiet cause I didn't want to influence the artists or the judging. There's a lot I like!!

Purple Pearl..I really liked the teeth. I don't really like the big bumper guards on the original but making a grill out of them is very cool!

Forty....I like a lot!!

Clark Kustoms...You thought way outside the box with the narrowed roadster. I woulda never thought it could look good but the drawing makes it cool. The gasser was cool too...the "Mad Man" is perfect.

Gary C. Another cool racer!! I would love to make a mold off of this car and build yours and Forty's concepts!!

AND...what can I say. You made a Muntz shag nasty!! Very simple and very cool!!!

Nate...I may just have to run the car in primer for a year just so I can letter it up like you drew.

Rickster and Chopt34 ...are the closest to what the car will end up like. I love the 3 bar bumpers and the little details on Chopt's car are cool. The chrome at the bottom of the side windows adds a lot.

All of the artists did great!! I know it was not an easy challenge.
    Clark

23. And

And
    from Irvine, CA

Thanks for the votes everyone. Clark, 'shag nasty' couldn't have said it better.

SUHRsc I totally missed yours on the first pass. I did the two seater dude and a very nice front end treatment. Keep up the Photoshop stuff.

Chop34 come on let's see a high res one. :) Looks killer.

Shook I paint in Photoshop CS3 using traditional style oil techniques.

24. AND, Congrats on the Bad Ass Muntz (BAM!) design.
    Lots of attitude. Lots of great designs submitted, that was fun. Here is a larger version of the one I submitted as per your request.

Attached Files: