Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb Art Challenge #3- Transporter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nate, Nov 9, 2007.

?

vote now!

Poll closed Dec 9, 2007.
  1. Clark Kustoms

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. Von Franco

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Fat Hack (all of em!)

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Chopper Olli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. superleggera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Von Hartmann

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. fortypickup

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. lockwoodkustoms

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. 296moon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The Meth

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  11. 73roundlight

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  12. cosmo

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  13. Sander

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  14. hotrod1940

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  15. GaryC

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  16. CQQLSPENCER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. himjively

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  18. 4t64rd

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  19. jigger

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  20. Hewart

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  21. vintage56

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. corvair trairler[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. very cool!

one day left.. tick tock

3. Might as well enter the fray, '49-'52 F6 or so cab and chassis, I'm thinking Y-block, Or maybe a FWD setup from an Eldorado.

Dual axle with aluminum "box" with rounded corners, and swooping down for an art deco thing happening. Ivo style windows in the sides, snap on canvas cover for rain, front half is a bunkhouse with flip down stairs, access from cab, for you and your buddy to drive straight through to B'ville.

Rear would have a beaver tail ramp (second section would flip out from the bottom), and 2 pairs of '61 Plymouth style taillight pods with '53 Buick lenses. Custom wheels, no holes, like Racemasters, or my favorite 70's Lincoln wheels. Fabricated SS trim behind wheels front and back, just to class it up.

[​IMG]

4. Nice stuff guys. Don't think I'll get a chance to finish my first idea, my official entry so, for now, here's a mode of transportation; as opposed to a transporter...

(You may have seen this before) ...Oh, and it is haulin' something...

[​IMG]

And on the same theme...

[​IMG]

5. Hewart

Hewart

G'day guys.....

My "transporter" would transport the whole nostagia drag race meet... we would head out into international waters where there would be no rules or laws as such for the racers. The only stipulation would be that the vehicles need to be safe, and the incentive for entrants to make them safe is the watery drop at the end of the strip :D

My weapon of choice to throw down the strip aboard the goat boat would be a 1958 FC Holden gasser.... bright orange with racing stripes!

There's be a little bit of deck room to gather and watch the races while most of the people would be seated in the grandstands.....

Below deck would be a huge range of garages and mechanical equipment for pre-race adjustments... and access to the top deck is via the ramp....

[​IMG]

And here's one of the racers arriving to board the SS GTO ;)

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Les...

6. aight cha'll. This is dear to my heart 'cause I do plan to sculpt one of these myself. I have the '56 F-100. Scrounging to score a C series to do this:
    1. Stretch the cab. Got a wife, a 4 y/o boy now, and a baby on the way. The family is built. Gotta build a stately, unique, big gas-guzzlin' behemoth to make the SuburbanXLs & Excursions flinch while haulin' the fam in comfort.
    2. Set the crewed COE onto a late model E-550 rollin' stock for all the latest in turbo'd Powerstroke go, big anti-lock brake whoa, and low rolling show.
    3. Affix an 8 foot express bed behind housing plenty of understorage, fuel tanks, and a plate for toy-haulin attachments
    [​IMG]
    moving back. shell out an old aluminum aero bus and create a nest over the rear axle to haul the crew'd '56 F-100. Fundamental tool storage incorporated.
    [​IMG]
    Upwind of that, modest sleeping quarters with utilitarian kitchen and bath amenities.
    [​IMG]

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THAT is soooo cool, you could use HMAS Tobruk to ferry cars out to it!

8. very cool thread indeed

9. the goat boat.. awesome

[​IMG]

10. the poll is open!

11. Well Nate,
    This was my original concept and what I'd intended to render out but, due to several unforeseen obstacles, wasn't able to finish in time. In fact, I would have had this drawing posted in time had the city not gone black earlier. It rendered my computer useless and I couldn't get it scanned. Ah, well.

[​IMG]

12. well jigger, your name is up there for the wagon drawing.. if someone wants to vote for the tanker hauler.. I can't stop em :D

13. Rules are not made to be broken. The wagon was on time the other, late. Therefore, any vote should be for the wagon. I'm not no stinkin' cheater. (Any and all coments are appreciated. Peace out!)

14. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I like your truck. I saw it at Good Guys in Puyallup and Hot Rod Arama in Tacoma and took pictures of it both times. I have a Chevy 6400 out back I've thought of doing the same thing with.

15. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

16. vote please!!

17. Sure, I'll vote again....if you insist.

18. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Dude! There is something verrrry wrong here! I only got to vote once! :D A recount may be in order! :) Just kidding!
    Goddam, man, you guys kick ass!!! Great world wide talent! Tell you what, if my teacher in grade school would have given us Challenges like these I may have passed sixth grade! ;)
    I look forward to the next challenge! :cool: :cool: :cool:

19. congrats vintage56!

20. awesome. thanks guys.

now I gotta work... deadlines.

JML

21. Just wanted to say that Nate's entry was really great. I think if you do the work you should get to be voted on. Lots of great work, and real fun.

22. palat

palat

Congrats to the winner (may your dream become reality), to all who voted and got a vote.

I am anxious to see the next challenge.

23. Clark Kustoms

Clark Kustoms
    from las vegas

24. I appreciate that.. and the next challenge is up!