Register now to get rid of these ads!

Had to sell my 49......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low49bowtie, Sep 25, 2009.

1. low49bowtie

low49bowtie

Hey guys
    I have'nt been on in a while. I lost my job about a month ago and so i had to sell my 49 Chevy. Im kinda bummed but i know it was the right thing to do.
    The only thing keeping me sane is thinking what im gonna build next, Maybe in a year or so i can start somthing else. Im thinking a T roadster(not just a bucket) 23,26,27 somthing like that. Can you still buy the bodys for around 1500-2000?:confused:
    Later
    Matt

2. 1950jax

1950jax
    BANNED

Sorry to hear you had to sell your ride. Hang in there bud better times will return.:cool:

3. I feel for you. I had to sell my truck to pay off some bills, it sucks, but so does 22% intrest on a credit card. Just remember its not that last old car your gonna build, so build the next one better.

4. ya that sucks, but don't sweat it. it's done. focus your energy on the next build.

5. Realtor11

Realtor11
    from Upland CA

It's hard to hear about more and more people with really hard times. The world is still full of old cars just waiting for you to make 'em right. We get attached to things with moving parts... but you'll love the next one... just start doing the looking and planning now (might help you stay on course!)

I'm sure that if you keep banging you head against the wall and pounding the pavement you will find another job... these things have a way of working them selves out.

6. Nefarious Art

Nefarious Art
    from Auburn, Ca

true it is ashame. i've been lucky enough to make it through with my resources intact (i don't have any bills to speak of) but my friend who used to make 6 figs as an equipment operator has had to sell boats, cars, bikes, you name it. Sucks to watch him lose everything he's worked so hard for but i know he'll turn it around. you will too.

7. charkol

charkol

I know what your feeling had to get rid of my 50 fastback fleetline to pay the bills just roll with the punches you will bounce back

8. 5window

5window

Sorry to hear about your job.Supposedly things are getting better(?) but from when I lived in Alabama (Loachapoka), I know things are always a little slower to recover down there.

As far as T-roadster bodies, Speedway lists several,with or without a pickup bed. There's a '25,23 and 26/27. They seem to range from $469-999.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Produ...t|9/25/2009 3:06:46 PM=roadster+body&deptId=0

Best of luck.

9. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Sorry to hear about your job. I know that Huntsville's job market is booming next door to you. Good luck brother.

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

I wish I had everything back that I had to sell to pay bills. It happens to most of us.

The stuff I have now is better than the stuff I sold though.

11. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

the material shit dont matter. peace of mind is where its at mang.

i still have a title for my grandmas old 22 ford roadster............hint hint ! !

chin up dude