Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Had some time and material-------------

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DesertRat#1, Nov 22, 2018.

1. DesertRat#1

DesertRat#1

I have been working in my shop for 10 years wanting a rolling tool cart. I use CAD in my job so I knocked out a quick print of what I thought might work. I had the materials and such from a previous
    shelf project so my cost was zero. Below are a couple photos------------------- Valvetrain 007.JPG Valvetrain 009.JPG Valvetrain 005.JPG

2. L7

L7

0 $ is a darn good thing. :cool:

Rich S. and dan31 like this.
  3. hfh

hfh
    from Western MA

Never too much horizontal surface in a shop....

DesertRat#1 and dan31 like this.
  4. Can't stand anybody that's organized :):)

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks like you "blue" your budget - looks good

mad mikey likes this.
  6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good job.
    Keep your tools close and save some steps.
    Harbor Freight be damned.
    Another project for you. A short, matching, roll-around stool with a tool tray under the seat.
    Keep from having to squat and save your knees.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

mad mikey and DesertRat#1 like this.
  7. DesertRat#1

DesertRat#1

Custom mixed from a scan of a sales brochure B5 blue. My parts shelf in the background is the same color. The accent stripe on the wall of my shop is scanned in TorRed.
    Yes, it's on the list of spare time projects as well. I already have the wheels for same and material is here too. I will be purchasing a combo mig/tig machine and I will be building the cart for it as well.
    oldcomputer 061.jpg

kidcampbell71 and mad mikey like this.
  8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's your shop?
    Looks more like your den. Nice.

kidcampbell71 and DesertRat#1 like this.
  9. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Looks great! Should be really handy.

DesertRat#1 likes this.
  10. Rich S.

Rich S.

31Dodger and DesertRat#1 like this.
  11. sevenhills1952

sevenhills1952

Let me loose in that shop for a few days and I'll show you what it should look like

Dad worked at Sears and got paint cheap, like 50 cents/gallon. Marked down after they mixed it...wrong shade of green, blue,etc. Dad brought it home and mixed it all together . So one year he would have 10 gallons of this weird pinkish-brown.
    Then he would brush paint the boat dock, picnic table, chairs...even the tractor.
    A few years later everything would be a greenish-purple.
    I miss my Dad...r.i.p.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

12. You suck! You people make the rest of us look bad!
    Jeez.

No one told you?!?!?A roll cart is built AFTER you need one with skateboard wheels 1 wheel off a bbq and something round under the 4th leg! Top is 1/4 plywood that’s cut crooked and the legs are a mismatch of 2x4 2x6 and 2x2’s ....... why this isnt what we all do?!

Gotta keep the wife outta sight on this one, she might think my garage is not “normal”:confused:

Great cart, even nicer garage

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Texas Webb, DesertRat#1 and mad mikey like this.
  13. Do you perform open heart surgery in there or work on cars, damn that is a nice shop. I have more dirt under my finger nails then you have in your work space.:eek::)

DesertRat#1, blowby and Rich S. like this.
  14. gene-koning

gene-koning

I had a garage that looked almost that good, then I moved my stuff into it. It will never look like that again.... Gene

mad mikey likes this.
  15. squirrel

squirrel

I had to pay $50 for my cart, at the swap meet, 25+ years ago....you did good.

the hard part is keeping "permanent" crap off of it.

Frankie47 likes this.
  16. F&J

F&J

20 years ago, an old ex Marine drill sergeant was in my former shop and said : "it's not that you ran out of room, you ran out of horizontal surfaces"

Texas Webb likes this.
  17. That shop must be new, even when my shop was new it was a mess!. HRP

18. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

But moving all of it out of the way at once is so much easier than one piece at a time.

19. DesertRat#1

DesertRat#1

Thanks for the thoughts all. I built this house ten years ago with the express purpose of building cars in the "shop" garage. I finished my 65 car in it and build another later year car in it. Now I am starting my most ambitious project since I was under 30. The reassembly of my 1940 Ford pickup. When you have a small workspace and no lift you have to find ways to be especially efficient. That is why my work area looks like it does. I was trained young to keep a clean organized work area. A couple more photos----The car is a 65 so I hope this doesn't break the rules:) oldcomputer 063.jpg 40 Ford 026.jpg

mad mikey, kidcampbell71 and F&J like this.
  20. F&J

F&J

65 Comet is on topic here, at least from me seeing many over the years on here. I always thought they were hotrods rather than muscle cars, since they came out in 65. A Cyclone with those faux chrome wheels did the trick for me. I've never owned one, nor a 40 pickup.

Keep us posted with pics of the 40 pickup build. Those are popular here too.

mad mikey likes this.
  21. I did that while I worked for Monkey Wards- made for interesting colors- just can't ever match it-

22. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

Nice looking little cart ...$0.00 is good too...Almost as good as free...BUT..You need to post a photo of where you really work.. :)

mad mikey likes this.