Register now to get rid of these ads!

Had a nice visit with Bobwop today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoxSpeed, Jun 27, 2011.

1. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

I am on an extended road trip, left California on May 14th, stopped in New York for a week, and am staying in Southern Wisconsin at my daughters for a few weeks. Bobwop in Jefferson, Wi extended an invitation for me to come by his business and see his cars.

When I got there today, Bob met me and he is a quality guy. An egaging and very friendly car guy. He generously took time out from his business and showed me and a friend his collection. He has some outstanding drag cars, stockers, customs, muscle cars; a very eclectic collection.

Contact with Bob was made on the HAMB, and proves how great this forum can be.

Thanks again Bob. It was my pleasure meeting you. Hope we can cross paths again.
    Gary

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I find it hard to believe you described me as engaging and very friendly! Gary, you are going to ruin a reputation I worked long and hard to get.

It was a pleasure to visit with you and Andy. I hope your remaining time in WI is enjoyable.

3. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Though I've never met him in person, he's a proven stand up Hamber with me too.

Was in Beloit Wis. recently and hoping I could find a way to stop in, but it was a whistle stop business trip.

Just good to know like the Wolfman, Hambers are everywhere.......

4. Hope to meet Bobwop some day, when he buys my roadster!;)

5. Gee Bob that must have cost you a fortune. :D:D

I'm sure that someone will disagree but I think he's pretty good people myself.

6. pssst.....better watch out for that Bobwop guy....I hear he's a CLASSIC CAR DEALER!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Hard not to like that cheesehead....Bob's the real deal. Proud to call him my friend. :cool:

7. He is a cool guy..
    GOOD PEOPLE...

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

LMAO !! :D:D:D

I like old "Bigwop", even though he tells me "where to go" sometimes....ha ha

In fact, I am going up there next week to see him and his sidekick Nick----not to mention his lovely GF Carla. :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Hey Gary, next week starting Wednesday is the Jefferson county fair. One of the best ones in the country in my opinion. It rivals State Fairs in some places. Might be fun for you and a change of pace. I will be there myself that morning on my way to the big Iola, WI swap meet (one of the nation's largest).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

you guys are much too kind

11. Bob is one of the first guys that ever contacted me on the hamb. Come on Bob you're not as bad as you want people to think you are haha. I have a friend with a dairy in Wisconsin, if I ever get a chance to go out there I'll try to stop by your shop if it's not too far

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

It would be an honor to have you, RoadFarmer. I hope your drought is over soon.

13. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

My favorite brother in law Lawrence is heading Bob's way later this week with yet another rust free western pickup truck in tow for big Bob. He is starting his Wisconsin vacation a few days earlier than me.

14. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Poverty Flats
    Lots of rust free trucks and stuff where I live. I'm getting to understand the "rust free" western car appeal here in the Midwest. I've seen a lot of rocker arm rust in not so old cars. If you are looking for something, let me know and I'm pretty sure I could find you something, give you the owners name and away you go.......Gary

I gonna check out the Jefferson Fair, thanks.

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Cool Gary, you will love the fair....it has everything...including Bobwop in the tractor pull!

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I thought we had a deal??!!!:D Remember, I need to beat you down on price to the point that it ruins the rest of your life and you die without that patio you always wanted.:)

17. snelson57

snelson57

HA - Good one, Bob. Damn classic car dealer...

18. I was going to ask "How much for that one?":confused:

I'll have to raise my prices...;)

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

you forgot the part where he resorts to drug abuse after you buy his car because his life is totally ruined.....

20. I've been beat so bad I can't sit on the patio set anyway:eek: Dealers:rolleyes:

21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Bob, my favorite brother in law Lawrence is headed your way today with a nice old KS truck on the trailer for you and a killer 55 Ford coupe bench seat in black and white vinyl....enjoy

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Yes, I arrive at the Bobwop and Carla Motel on Tuesday night with a whirlwind tour of Bob's car collection and county fair Wed. am before heading north to Iola for set up at the swap meet where Lawrence and I plan to buy as much stuff as we can afford and play host to as many passers by as possible. See you there too Mark, I hope. :)