Register now to get rid of these ads!

HA/GR in nj?

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Taking Respect, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Taking Respect

Taking Respect
    from New Jersey

Words cant describe how cool this is, I want to build one bad but where in the hell could i run it? Is there anyone who knows somebody at englishtown or atco? Its swap meet season here and im building a inventory for my build. Is anyone else up for a east coast meet?

Larry

2. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

If you do build one, when you and your friends look at it, there will be a large smile on your face. One way to start is a challange to your friends to do the same with a date to race, like maybe next april. That will give you a little test and tune before the big race.

3. Taking Respect

Taking Respect
    from New Jersey

I agree completly but we still need a spot to run them.ill be picking up my motor this week.

4. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Taking, use a nhra rule book and build as an altered

5. Old28

Old28

Taking Respect -- Larry, if you build the drivers cage area by the NHRA Altered spec's you should be able to run at most all IHRA & NHRA tracks along with most 1/8 mile outlaw tracks. Some tracks may require SFI-5 driving suit along with SFI-1 gloves and normal open wheel safety stuff.

You may not have another HA/GR or SDRA car to race for a while, but after others see your car at the track and the fun you are having maybe a few others from your area will be built.

Good luck with your build, Start a build thread and put in lots of pictures.:D

Tom

6. Taking Respect

Taking Respect
    from New Jersey

real good advice guys. Like i said im building up my inventory and as soon as i start building ill start a thread.

7. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

I'll challenge u to a race. Let's go

8. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

Any new info? This sounds very interesting!

9. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

I've been looking at this thread for sometime now. I don't need another project, but if I scrounge up enough parts free or real cheap, I'm in. Joe Hamby nailed it-build it as an altered-now to find a glass 23 T body and turtle deck. I'm sure I'll be contacting HA/GR owners with a load of questions. Thanks in advance! Bob