Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods H H Products Brake Caliper needed for restoration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panheadguy, Sep 29, 2015.

1. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I was contacted today by a gentleman connected with the restoration of the Blue Flame Land Speed Record car. He is trying to find a hydraulic H H Products 500 Disc brake caliper. I was once employed by the founder of HH Products Harold Hollnagel. The company was sold in the 70's to Kelsey Hayes and the later renamed KH Brake and eventually Hayes brake. I have seen these calipers in use years ago on race cars of the 70's era but not for years. Any chance any of you know the whereabouts of one to assist the restoration. It will be marked "HH 500"
    Any of you older go-kart, mini-bike, and snow machine owners will recognize the name as they were the self energizing mechanical caliper of choice of many manufacturers.
    For the record. I'm not personally involved in the project and can't tell you any more about it other than I was contacted by the son of the originator of HH Products.

2. Foster Akers

Foster Akers

I have 2 sets of these calipers that I will sell