Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. jacket patches?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ruiner, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner

I was curious if anyone has made H.A.M.B. jacket patches in the past, or if anyone were interested in making them? What I was thinking of was if someone could have them screen printed onto blank patches along with either our real names or our screen names...OR someone making embroidered patches...is anyone here capable of doing that? or knows someone that is? If it's possible to do, it'd be cool to have a little bit of the cost go towards Ryan and the H.A.M.B. as a little token of our appreciation...say if they cost 12 bucks to have them made, we could pay 15 for them with the extra 3 bucks per patch going to Ryan...someone here must know of a place that is capable of doing this, right?

2. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

I can look into having this done. The key to a good patch is all in the digitizing. I think this is an awesome idea, and have a few contacts. I would love to have one, and personally think its worth the few extra dollars to have one embroidered as opposed to just silk screened!

What do you guys think?

3. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Ryan, how do you feel about this? I suppose I need your permision first. It is your logo after all. If its cool can you email me a logo that can be vectored?

4. Bugman

Bugman

I've been thinking about asking Ryan if I could have some made, but I'm lazy and I know i would have issues getting them shipped out in a timley manner.

5. BinderRod

BinderRod

My wife has an embroidry machine. It has all the hook ups to run off of the computer. I will see if she can digitize the logo.

If it is cool with Ryan

6. Ruiner

Ruiner

the only reason I mentioned the silk screening is because it'd be cheaper, although I'm sure with the modern embroidery equipment being all computer controlled and such it wouldn't be hard to add our names to embroidered patches...I never even thought about asking Ryan's permission, whoops...so what do you say boss? And if he says no, does this mean I can't get the H.A.M.B. logo tattooed on my forehead?:p:D

7. Hip

Hip

I think it sounds like a cool idea once the logistics are worked through.
    I talked to the guy who setsup in the middle of the
    Mall with his digitized sewing machine and asked what it would cost to have our club name and a design done on my wool letterman's, let me tell ya , you don't even wanna know.
    The guys just programing it in for gods
    sakes and sits back and watches it stitch, its not like he's'
    "Knit one..... pearl two", or however that goes!

8. Ruiner

Ruiner

hahaha, we could have a donation post for buying thread and fabric, just to keep costs down...that'd be funny...I can imagine it'd take a LONG time to do a couple hundred patches on home equipment, but if she's willing to do it...

9. BinderRod

BinderRod

Speaking of tatoos I had a squirl tatooed on my ass but everytime I show it to someone it runs into the hole

10. ratstar

ratstar

I'd take a few of them too.

11. Ruiner

Ruiner

I wonder how much these things are gonna cost in the end...either way it'll probably be worth it...I'm surprised nobody has made patches yet, I tried searching the HAMB for them and came up empty...

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I would love to have some patches and t-shirts and hats and and well whatever else.

13. It has come up before. Ryan said nogo with good reasons.

14. I'd like to have a couple patches too! That's an awesome idea!

15. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Hey that would be kool to do.......

16. Ruiner

Ruiner

Hey T, any recollection of what the reasons were?

17. Bugman

Bugman

Last time I priced patches, they were around $15 each if your ordered X many, it was $12 or something along those lines.

18. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

I am interested in a few my self

19. GooGooMuck

GooGooMuck
    from Tacoma, WA

Computer embroidery IS ridiculous expensive, my car club jacket cost over a $100 bucks and the design was already on file! Plus the initial $30 bucks and it's now the most exspensive clothing I own.

But $12-15 for a HAMB patch, I'd buy two. So perhaps if someone can come up with a definate cost we could just do a pre-order to be sure the price can be locked down. Oh and the nod from the big kahuna would be a plus.

20. Muttley

Muttley

I can check at a local uniform company to see where they get their name patches done. I would think changing the name from Billy or Fred to H.A.M.B. cant be that big of a deal.

21. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

If Ryan changes his mind Ill take 2!

22. Ruiner

Ruiner

I was thinking more along the lines of the actual H.A.M.B. logo, besides, they'd look at you funny if you wanted to order 1,000 H.A.M.B. nametags..."well, I got a lot of shirts and jackets"...hahaha

23. "HOTROD"

"HOTROD"
    from Seattle

ditto

24. id be up for a few patches

25. aroxychik

aroxychik
    from Philly, PA

I have a 6-color industrial machine capable of doing 12x18" designs or hats, etc... What kind of patches would you guys be interested in? The logo on a rectangle patch, or one that is the actual shape of the logo itself? Let me know and I'll check and see what I could do them for... Heres some of the stuff i've been doing with it

I also do silkscreen - I'd say forget that, you couldn't do names because of the setup involved, and they look kinda cheap and cheesy when you screenprint on a patch in my opinion...

26. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

how about just using a sharpie on your hat, shirt ect. low buck

27. scarylarry

scarylarry

Please no, shirts, patchs, hats, stickers, pens, jackets, banners, pocket protectors, paper clip holders, ANYTHING with HAMB on it. If you need to know why, maybe you dont get it.

28. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I can vouch for the quality that comes out of the Graphic Disorder household. Brandt and Shelley kick ass.

- Joe

29. Sorry guys but I have to back Larry a 100% with this one! HRP

30. steevil

steevil

Here's some food for thought.....

A good standing club member asked if I could get a jacket for his young son. I saw no harm in this and got him a jacket so his kid could feel a sense of belonging.

Eventually the kid got older and got into cars himself.

IMPORTS!!!! arrrrrrrgh!

A little piece of me dies every time he steps out of his Honda Civic at cruise night with our club colors on.

This is something we've not yet delt with but it's going to be a delicate issue asking him not to wear the jacket at cruise nights.....