Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gunnison Colorado Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Guys & Gals,

Time again for the annual Gunnison Colorado Car Show. In fact, this is the 21st annual show. This year it is August 22nd, 23rd & 24th. You can check out the details at:

www.gunnisoncarclub.com

Kick off is Friday evening, we close the first Four blocks of main street for the cruise-in. Lots of cars on the street, food vendors and some great live entertainment. This year we have a fabulous Rockabilly band out of Kansas City, The Rumblejetts playing from 6-9 PM.

Saturday is the Show & Shine in Jorgenson Park from 8 AM til the awards at 3 PM. Gunnison is a small town so this is an open show, usually 350-400 cars. The Park is a great setting and we have lots of vendors and plenty of door prizes through the day.

Saturday evening the Lonely Knights have their end of summer bash at my house, it is an invitaition only gathering. It is very HAMB friendly, so if anyone thinks they are coming PM me and I'll hook you up with the details. The food is catered by a local Italian Restaurant and there are plenty of refreshments. Last year we had about 150 people and my Two acres was covered with Rods & Sleds. The Rumblejetts will also be at the house Saturday night.

If you are able to move Sunday morning there is a Breakfast cruise to Crested Butte, a mining town about 25 miles to the North. They too, close a section of Elk Avenue (main st) for the cars to park while everyone enjoys their meal. Personally, I have never made it to one fo these due to fact that Saturday night ends just before the cruise is usually starting.

If you think you might come, get a room booked ASAP as this town will sell out completely. There is room in my yard to park a camper if needed, let me know.

Please PM me with any questions, and any of you who have been here before...TESTIFY !

Johnnie.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  2. Wow, I was in Gunnison in 1986 with Up With People. There was an older lady who was a bit of a self-proclaimed historian and owned an old hotel in the middle of town that was CRAMMED with old things from the town- furniture, signs, pianos and organs. Wonder if the building/stuff is still there?

3. Testify huh, you got it Johnnie! Mr. Walker knows how to throw a killer party. If you are close by I would highly suggest you check it out. It's one of the best parties you could go to. Like he said, lots of refreshments and the food is excellent. Oh and also the Rumblejetts are a great band. Take it easy Johnnie!

sled

4. BTT for the weekend crowd !

5. HasonJinkle

HasonJinkle

Wow, what a trip. I went to WSC, though for some reason I don't remember some of it...
    Post lots of pics!

6. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

sounds like a good show we might just be there.

7. arbs1976

arbs1976

Yeah the gunnison show is a great time and about 400 cars were there last year. Definitely not to be missed!!!

8. Mike.........is that you ?

Thanks for the kind words, hope you, Julie and the kids are comin' this year, we'll have some laughs. Hopefully we won't have to wonder whether or not Arbaney is still allive come Sunday morning this year !

Johnnie.

9. arbs1976

arbs1976

Yeah Johnnie,
    I'm really hoping not to have a re enactment of last year and blow up another engine by being a dumb ass. Oh well. The Rocket will fire again one of these days. I'd like to get a fresh coat of flat black on the merc before the show but don't see it happening. Can't wait!
    Mike ARBS

10. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Great time! Anxious to see the Rumble Jets

11. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

John, is your 40 going to be there?

12. It's me Johnnie< Julie and I and the kids are planning on being there. We just made our reservations at the 3 Rivers Resort. We are real excited as always and are glad we get invited to this big shindig! We look forward to seeing you and your wonderful wife.

Mike (sled)

13. Chris,
    '40 should be done in time, Doug is stitching up the interior now, so the Coupe should be back in a couple of weeks. Probably gonig to save it until Paint & Primer for it's debut though.

Mike,
    GREAT ! Glad you're comin', it's starting to come together nicely. Don't forget to tell Steve.

Johnnie.

14. Back for the weekend crowd.................