Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gunnedah Drags September 2017

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Sep 14, 2017.

1. spanners

spanners

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Just a quick note. I didn't fare well but did do another personal best with a 8.5 eighth mile. I'll have to wait till I get home to post videos as this old IPad is a pain.

2. spanners

spanners

Bad luck, I'm back.
    I'll put these couple of videos up for your perusal. Unfortunately the computer gremlins made an appearance at the Drags with the result we didn't get many runs on the Saturday but got a few in on the Sunday. The first is against the Mangrove Mountain Muscle Car club HAMBster. He didn't finish the weekend due to misfiring which they thought was a bent pushrod.

The next 2 are the same race but different cameras. I was going to be clever and combine both but they have to be the same frame rate whatever that means. This was against Dave from the Muscle car club. Stroked Chev in a Valiant body. These were qualifying runs. Normally I run around 1.9/ 60ft but did a 1.7 on this run.

3. spanners

spanners

This is the first of my eliminations and as you may notice, it's my elimination. Total loss of concentration on my part.

Oh well, off to Queensland for the Six Banger Nats. next weekend.

4. bobw

bobw

No sleeping on the starting line allowed! Man, that engine does sing.

5. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Yeah, it sounds great. Looks great in motion as well.

6. spanners

spanners

As the saying goes, "you snooze, you lose".
    I'm not sure why it's going so well. I haven't done anything different. I have done 5 race meetings in 6 weeks and have only opened the toolbox to lend stuff to others. Can it last?

7. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

It can. I got seven seasons out of the second slant in the 'Brick, with nothing but cam upgrades along the way (first one was just a toasted smoker to sort out the fittings & such).