Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guide 682-c overpriced?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hyway Hauler, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

2. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

26 bids.... 14 bidders. and the winner? he bid once at the very end and won. people are stupid on ebay sometimes.

4. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

I know, and I bid on both sets. On the 682-j's, I stopped at 282.00$. And on the 682-c's, I stopped at 205.00$

5. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

The 682-C's have something 'off' with the marker lights as well, they don't fit at all. I watched that auction, turns into a pissing contest, I'd rather have a set that needs a little work for $250 than those like that for $500

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if you want to get a pair of those for a good price you need to search the lighting and lamps section every day until you find someone who does not put guide 682-C or J in thier title.

there are deals out there... just takes a bit of searching.

7. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

No, those marker lights are right, they are the earlier style. The later ones have the pointed lens, and also most of the repops have the pointed lens, and most of the time they are orange lenses on the aftermarked ones.

8. titus

titus

I think what it is is that someone wants a set that have their original black paint with some patina on em.

Ive got a set of both types with very very nice original black paint on em, i wont ever part with them.

JEFF

9. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

But the classified section is messed up...I wanted to buy a really nice set 682-c's off a HAMBer, for 175.00$. When I PM'ed him, he told me they were sold. No biggy, he even put the buyers name in his ad, stating they were gone, and who bought them.

A week later, I'm scanning through the classifieds, and see the buyer's name with a set of 682-c's for sale, I open the ad up and they are the same lights he just bought, with a different pic for 250.00$...WTF?

I PM him and he tells me where to go, so screw him, I hope nobody buys his lights! Hint, he recently lowered his price to 225.00$

God danm con artist!

10. so your saying you have never "sold" any parts for a profit to further a project? those guides had the dreaded label "32' ford" attached to them. big league cars require big league wallets.

11. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Just because someone makes money on a resale doesn't make them a con artist, it makes them a businessman (or woman). It's not a crime to make money.

12. I hate to bring this thread back up. I'm not pro or against using the ebay to find stuff that I cannot find.
    In fact swapmeeters hate the bay because they can't find "deals" anymore.Or at the swap people quote ebay as the going prices,WTF!.

Anyhow shit sells for what people are willing to pay.
    "Mr Ebay's" budget might be a bit bigger than yours. Your budget is bigger then the next.

Cursing that someone bids at the last minute is useless. Use the tool available to you.
    Bottom line you DON"T have to bid up an auction. You CAN physically wait and enter a bid at last second or Esnipe it. I use the snipe and it works for me. I don't win all the time, because there may be another person sniping with a higher bid. The highest bid wins. I'm not mr moneybags, just a smart buyer.
    I like it because I set it and forget it. If I win I win, if I don't another set will come up.
    If you sit there and keep bidding stuff up, your the problem.
    When I set a bid on something I'm making an informed decision on what the part is worth to me and am prepared to pay for it.
    yes these headlight prices are getting out of hand, I guess there no more E&J's to go around for at 2K.
    Go to the swap, or become an american picker like that tv show, only to put the stuff you find cheap on ebay to make some money.
    this thread will gone soon.

13. Oh hell, you can find deals on eBay if you look. I just won a listing for a particular car stereo I wanted for all of $16, instead of buying one for $90 in the store. The last couple listed went for $40-$50, it was just a matter of being patient.

It's not a crime to make money, there's something that should be drilled into the head of every kid as soon as they hit kindergarten, maybe some of the more asinine behavior adults get away with now would dissapear.

As for the Guides, my buddy picked up a rough '30 Chevy truck carcass and there was a pair on the front. Rough, but if I cleaned them up, painted them, and left them outside for a winter or two....

14. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I should have clarified myself, the actual marker housing is off, it isn't a tight fit to the actual headlight body. I've had quite a few sets of 682-Cs, none of them fit that bad on top. There isn't a gasket that should make the marker housing stick up like it does, just the marker itself has a seal. Who knows though, it's just a picture.

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

Here's my set... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

17. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

yer all as guilty as the ones at bj for crankin up prices, and or hordin so no complainin!!

18. nutajunka

nutajunka

I call sheep, or monkey see monkey do. I've seen lot's of headlights like that, maybe not 682-c's, but on old big rigs. If you got to have them, then $'s the name, otherwise look around, there are other cool headlights with the markers on top...:rolleyes:

19. Don't forget the $43.25 to ship them.

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I just went and looked at both auctions bid history. the reason ebay items go for crazy money sometimes is the people who make multiple bids all through the listing.

so Hyway hauler... you had a big part in raising the price out of control with all your bids.

I bid once, 6 seconds before the end of the listing.