Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grundy Insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Apr 13, 2012.

1. GREAZERZ

GREAZERZ
    from Frisco, TX

I've been with Grundy for at least a dozen years and never made a claim until recently. Man, they were quick, nice, easy, and did everything beyond my expectations. This happened while Philly was still somewhat handling it... Since i didn't know that, i called Grundy. They explained the situation of the change and it was Grundy who walked me through the process to make sure i was taken care of on a timely and fair manner. Hats off to Grundy, i hope they get through the transition okay.

2. ......You and hundreds of other policyholders.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, I called them today about my renewal. I was on hold for 30minutes!:mad: BUT, when I did reach a human being, they basicly said what Don posted (post #91). So, I've forgiven the long holding time. The Philly company dropped the ball and they are sending out my renewal.

I haven't had a claim with them, so I'll keep them. Agreed value is one of thier good points.

4. Gator

Gator

20 for me yesterday, but when I did finally get to talk to the guy he was apologetic and very helpful.

While I was on hold I 'shopped around' online, nobody was any cheaper. Most were pretty close other than American Collectors, which was over 3 times as much - coulda been a glitch in there online quote deal.

5. josh77

josh77

I wanted to add a car to my Grundy policy. I was told no problem, they verified my e mail address to send necessary forms, that was Tuesday the 3rd, still no email. I've waited on hold for over 50 combined minutes in 3 different attempts since, trying to talk to someone.
    I applied with Hagerty on Friday the 6th, had a rep call me on Saturday 7th, I e mailed the final pics on Sunday 8th, and had policy, cards, etc. in an e mail this Monday morning.
    This was not my first frustration getting ahold of someone at Grundy. I'm now a satified Hagerty client for virtually the same $. I don't mind paying a little more for REAL customer service......

6. mj40's

mj40's

I have Grundy on 3 cars and always deal through my local agent. He has a direct number and gets answers in minutes. I have had two claims in the last few months and both went quick with no problems. Both times I had a check in days and they even paid me to do my own repairs and all parts needed to get back on the road quick. A good agent relies on your policy to make his paycheck and should be on top of things to keep it that way.

7. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

I had Grundy until they failed to send a renewal notice.Changed to CHROME,and cheaper rates.Also if i rejoin NSRA an additional 10%.Cant bring myself to give NSRA any money.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think if I have any criticism of Grundy it is with their staffing/ ability to process calls and mail. A year ago, when I first applied with them, I sent the pictures, my check, and filled out forms , then called them a week later to find out where we were. They told me they had my info and it was being processed.

A week later I hadn't heard anything, so I called back and they told me they had no record of my packet arriving. :confused: So I fired off an email to them and told them I wanted my stuff back and I was going to go with Haggarty. A little while later a Vice President called me and was super apologetic and said he personally found my file and if I would reconsider he would make sure the policy was issued immediately. I accepted his apology and have been with them since.

So that, coupled with these latest phone glitches, tends to make me think they are either understaffed, or somewhat sloppy in handling incoming applications and renewals. They seem to do ok when a claim is required, but the one girl I spoke with told me that is a separate department altogether.

Don

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just got done raising the value of my 32 Ford delivery that is now finished. Other than the hold time the young lady raised the value on the phone and all I have to do is E-Mail pictures of the completed car and the deal is done. What a change from doing the same thing with Philly. Grundy has restored my faith.

10. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

I just made a significant effort to add my 56 Chevy to an existing policy. Customer service sucked. I 've used Grundy for years, but thinking about JC Taylor after this latest effort to add a vehicle. Still have not seen the actual policy via the US Mail. Oh wait, USPS is also in the RED!

11. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I've had Grundy for the past 3 years, very easy to deal with and have never had an issue.

12. My C cab is almost ready for the road and I am calling Grundy first.

13. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Ijust rembered I never got a renewel notice, mine expired on 7/5, and have been driving alot. Called my agent today and made a payment, he said Grundy is changing something with computers and my notice must have been missed. I'm glad I looked because I drive my rod alot.

14. weedeater32

weedeater32
    from Delaware

I tried to sign up with Grundy about 2 months and it was a nightmare. Nobody gave a damn about my business. I have never dealt with a more unprofessional and inept company. Ended up going with a different company.

15. Davereeves

Davereeves
    from Ca

Hagerty--the only way to go

16. Rather than receive a renewal notice from Grundy this year for my April renewal on 2 cars, I got an "insurance coverage has been canceled for non payment" letter in May. I called my Agent who got things straightened out immediately and emailed me my insurance cards that day. Worries me somewhat but I have heard good things about Grundy's service on claims and when my Agent originally recommended I switch from Hagerty to Grundy 10 years ago my premium was cut in half. Have never compared them since.

17. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I've had Grundy Insurance for 10 years....I know this has been debated over and over...however to day I received a email from my agent that they are not writing Grundy any longer due to that Grundy was sold to a foriegn company....and they have had negative experences with them...they now want me to use Infinity Classice Collectors Insurance....I'm not one to swap companys....any imput or updates?????

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  18. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

You really can't judge an insurance company until you need to make a claim! (Which we all hope NEVER happens) But unfortunately I needed to make two claims in less than a year on two different vehicles, I was and still am covered by Hagerty Insurance on my old rides. Both times they handled my claims with very fast service and got me my check so I could get the needed repairs done at the shop of my choice. I had to use their road side assistance a couple of years ago and it too was EASY and very efficient. I have relatives and friends with other insurance company's that were impressed with the ease and efficiency that Hagerty handled my situations. I can't speak for any other Insurance companies but Hagerty has treated me very well. I have three vehicles covered with them and my premium is not bad at all compared to everyone else I know with old car coverages. Not here to sell insurance just giving my experiences. That's my 2cents worth.

19. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I have grundy also and I received a letter from my grundy agent that recommends that I switch to Condon/Skelly. That kinda make me wonder what is going on at grundy.

20. big bad john

big bad john

.......Have Grundy insurance for years....no problems

21. yblock292

yblock292

times 2, only way to go, great people to deal with, good rates and coverage

22. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Me too but ...just wondering if any updates

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

As was mentioned, the only way to tell if your insurance company is good is if you ever have to put in a claim...........they are all good when taking your money at renewal time. :rolleyes: I too have Grundy but have never had a claim, so I can't judge how good they would be if that ever happened.

This latest news, where some agents are suggesting not to use Grundy, is disturbing. Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire. To he honest, I have seen a few things that were a little concerning regarding Grundy in the past.

1) When I sent my initial application and pictures in to them over 3 years ago, they "lost" the entire package. One day they said they had received it and the next day when I called to see if it was approved they said it couldn't be found. I sent them a terse email telling them to return my check and I was going to go with Haggerty. I think it was a Vice President who called me back immediately, said they had "found" my application, and that they would love to have me as a customer if I would reconsider. I did sign up with them at that time.

2) There was that fiasco a year or so a go when they took back their processing from Philadelphia Underwriters. I called to renew and all I could get was voicemails promising to call me back.......no one did call back. Finally, I called the department that sells new policies and they transferred me to a supervisor, who took my renewal info and processed my payment. He said they were flooded with calls because Philadelphia had forgotten to send out renewal forms to thousands of customers.

3) It alarmed me that Grundy denied the claim on the 32 Ford that was allegedly stolen by it's owner (we all remember that thread on here :eek:) Ok, yes, the police did arrest him and as far as I know it hasn't been proven in court yet, but it bothered me that Grundy turned down the claim because he fail to tell them his car was "constructed from parts and wasn't a real 32 Ford". Hell, ALL of our cars are assembled from parts, so that shouldn't be a surprise to a company that insures hot rods and custom cars. :confused:

So this latest news about agents pushing people to go another direction is kinda the nail in the coffin for me, and in June I will probably look at Haggerty, even though they are more money a year.

Don

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Infinity is the underwriter.

I just put ALL THREE of my cars under one Grundy policy, my '47 Olds convertible, my '60 Pontiac wagon and my "daily driver" Ford Explorer, and by placing all three cars on one policy with them I saved OVER $1,000 per year! I just did this last month. I was absolutely shocked that I saved that much.

25. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

If I'm reading you correct...you renewed thru Grundy.....my insurance agent wants me to switch to Classic Collectors insurance with Infinity as the underwriter....in the application for infinity only 1200 miles per year are allowed......?????

26. txturbo

txturbo

I use Hagerty. Only thing I've had to use so far is the Roadside Assistance. They handled it very well all the times I've used it. They don't just send a wrecker...they call back several times to make sure everything is ok.

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Does not sound like he's got your best interest in mind. I suggest calling Grundy directly and hear what they can offer you directly. I have never gone thru an agent using Grundy or Hagerty.

28. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Call Grundy direct. Forget the agent.

29. willymakeit

willymakeit

Anyone have experience with Chrome?
    Im close to insuring mine.

30. I have Grundy and the policy is written by Philly.

In the the last 10 months I have made 2 claims and both were paid promptly and with no issues.

1st claim was a tow on a rollback,the trip was about 150 miles one way.
    The tow company charged me about $400 bucks and I was paid back $250.

2nd claim my ride came out of gear and rolled thru a wire fence.
    The adjuster came out in less than a week...he had to make a two hour 1 way trip.
    He wrote it up with no problems and I was paid VERY well....he even offered to cover the fence!

I