Register now to get rid of these ads!

Growing up Brizio - sorta off topic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Born a HotRodGal, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Those damn Brizio kids! :rolleyes: ... always climbing all over show cars! :D

Terri ... these pics are so cool ... keep 'em coming!

I've always thought the H.A.M.B. community would dig seeing some "Andy's Picnic" photos from the 60s & 70s ... for some time now, I've been working on doing just such a thread ... but it would be way better coming from Born A HotRodGal!

It was going to be a pictorial history of the event ... '67 @ Crazy Horse Ranch ... '68 @ Turtle Rock Ranch ... and '69-'77 @ Crow Canyon Park (we didn't attend the picnic @ Morton's Hot Springs in '66).

Here's some "teasers" from that never-started thread ...

... dash plaques from Picnics held @ Crow Canyon Park:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

... and a few shots of our coupe @ Crow Canyon Park in the early 70s:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  2. My dad would thump me in the head with a knuckle if we got too close to one of those cars on the show circuit. You got to sit in em...fun times Im sure.

3. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Terri-very cool- just what I needed to get my ass moving this morning. thanks :)

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You sould still do it as your photos and Terri's photos would be completely different. If Andy was busy "hosting" the picnics he might not have gotten shots of everything whereas a guest of the picnic would have more time to mingle and shoot photos. PLEASE post them as I find photos of the 70's very entertaining.:D

5. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great pictures!

6. yeah .pics from the 70s,bell bottoms and platform shoes and GREAT hair :D........oh yeah,Painted tradional cars

7. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

He said to tell you Hello back..

8. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

Hey Todd,
    It was my source of entertainment for sure, Great picnic shots, I am sure you have quite a inventory of pics, Love Them..

9. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

Thank You again, I promise to get some more pics soon to post,

My childhood was different then most kids but I wouldn't have it any other way, it was never dull..LOL

Attached a couple more, My Dad with the AMBR T Bucket, Also the night they won AMBR Mom & Dad with the Trophy, and another of the C-Cab, that was later sold to John Bonham of Led Zepplin and is still in England.

Attached Files:

10. roundvalley

roundvalley

I bet Charlie Long held you when you were a baby!

11. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, I remember that show, I think it was 1970--71 at the Cow Palace(?) That barber chair was one that was featured along with some other wierd ones!
    This was about the time Andy & Sue were doing the "Crow Canyon" thing!!!

12. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

Great photos. Kind of like what all the magazine guys do now once the doors are closed to the public, we jump in the cars and make engine sounds.

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Great pics! Keep 'em coming, I'm enjoying them. Very nice to have you here Terri!

14. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Cool photos. I bet that was a great childhood. Do you have any more of the red car with the twin engines, I never saw that one before either.

15. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's one I took of your dads T, Detroit 1972-------Don:D:D

16. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Thanks ...... :)

CC

[​IMG]

17. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Terri, thanks so much for sharing these photos! I'm so glad your parents took pics and saved them for you (even if you aren't allowed to have them YET :D), too many parents miss out these days.

You Brizios are good people. I'm glad I've gotten to know you and your family over the past few years hot mama! :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  18. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Terri,
    Thanks so much! Slim

19. Those pics are always welcome here! Thanks much for posting them! And welcome to the HAMB! I think we could do a TV show on your childhood called "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE".

20. Andy is a hot rod and tee shirt icon...thanks for sharing the pix

21. Well, it wasnt a she. Kirk Kappenstein is the connection, went to school with one of you or Darryl? Nephew to my pal.

22. Rooney00

Rooney00

Thanks for posting some great pics!

23. rocket8

rocket8
    from antioch CA

uh oh! terri is on the hamb!?....everyone watch out!:p

this is max by the way missy. i'll feel free to terrorize you now.:D

24. Hi There,
    Just thought you might like an update of Andy' T and a few pictures.
    In 1973 I meet and became very good friends with John Bonham and his family, through Hot Rods
    <O:p</O:p
    In 1976 I sold my “C” cab (Picture shown) and bought another from John Bonham, this was Andy’s Instant T.

As this had never been registered in the UK, I put a replacement engine in it, as the original Cub Barnett engine had been taken out and put into a black Corvette, when it was on the road I drove it for a great 2years.
    In 1978 I went to Columbus to the Nationals and met my then Rodding heroes, Andy Brizio and Lil John Buttera (were we discussed his old “C” cab which I still had);

Back to 1999 I purchased back Andy’s “T” from the same guy I sold it to twenty years previous and had to rebuild a good part of it to get it back on the road again as it had not been used, I also had the Andy’s name put back on the sides and front like the original in gold leaf as this had been taken off. the sides and the front scuttle and Meteor put there, this advertised his Ford dealership garage. A couple of the pictures show the guy replacing the name which was done in gold leaf and back to the original I got in touch with Art Himsl and sent him over some pictures of the C Cab and he used them on his web site 28years after it had been originally painted. However I found that I was concerned when I took out the car for fear of damaging the wonderful famous paint. So I sold it again. It is in safe hands and lives in a bubble, about 12miles from me in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]</st1:country-region>UK
    I've also attached a scanned press cutting taken in 1977, of me in and the truck in one of the local news papers..
    Andy's at Billing 1976, (look at the flares) and Clent Hills 1976 with Terry Richards, (Jeff Becks bucket).
    1974 Andy’s at a show in <st1:City w:st="on">Birmingham </st1:City>with me at the age of 25years and Jason Bonham

If you look at the number plates. OEA 393P, (Clent hills, billing) was the number given to me when I registered it for the road in 1976, as John Bonham never did even thought the 2 FLY registration was on the car it was never legal. . However when I bought it back in 1999, I went back to the DVLA and stated that the car on the log book and <st1:country-region w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region> title said it was a 1919 Truck. They then gave me the SV 7914 historic number which it has now.

Cheers
    Alan
    <O:p</O:p

Attached Files:

25. Al's.C.D.T. (Alan) ...

WOW! .... thanks so much for taking the time to post those pics ... and for giving us an update on "ANDY'S C-Cab"!

... and Welcome to the H.A.M.B.!!!

26. ALLISON

ALLISON

Terri, I loved seeing the pics. I feel lucky to have been able to hang out with you and your family. All of you are about the nicest people I think I will ever meet. I've always thought your dad was partly responsible for what is wrong with me, the C-cab is something i have loved since I was a kid. I remember the first time a saw the movie "song remains the same" full of the shots of Bonzo (John Bonham) burnin' up and down the road in it and made the connection that it was the same C-cab. In fact a drew up a picture of it about 25 years ago watching that, I'll se if I can find it and submit it to the Friday art show this week. And you might like to know that this photo has been my screen saver many times, in fact i just made it so again.
    I thank you so much for buying my crappy art (you still have "I'm looking for Girk?" don't you, man I miss that space girls butt) and being a freind, even if it's only a few times a year. Tell 'em all hi and I'll see you soon.
    I love ya lady!!

Attached Files:

27. HEMI32,
    Thanks for the welcome, I hope to post a few much bits and bobs on here over the coming months.

Cheers

28. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

Hey Terry,
    Great stuff !! thanks for sharing and thank the folks for hanging onto the pictures after the move. Andy said he got rid of all that stuff........ guess Sue hid it :)

29. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Terri,
    Thanks for posting the pictures and sure hope you'll do more! It sure isn't OT!

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  30. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

WOW,
    Guess I haven't been on here for a while, Thank You so much for the pics and the update of the C-Cab, I have so many great memories of that car, and I am really glad to hear it is taken care of, just wish it was closer. I am going to make sure my Dad sees this post,

I guess I better start scanning some more pics, stay tuned

Terri