Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Grits & Grilles - Hot Rod Breakfast - Greer, SC.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vintage Pipe, Nov 1, 2010.

1. It’s been done and done well, by many others all over the country and the world for that matter, for years! We understand and respect this and after visiting several hot rod breakfast events around. We felt it was time to bring the same gathering of like-minded individuals to the Upstate of South. As well as, showing support to our fello Hot Rodders near and far with their events.
    Grits & Grilles will be starting on Saturday, November 13th; this will be a monthly hot rod breakfast held the Second Saturday of each month at Daisy Mae’s restaurant at 803 W. Poinsett St. in Greer, SC

(Link to Google Maps)
    Map to Daisy Mae&#8217;s <o:p></o:p>
    We will start arriving around 7:30am and plan on eating sometime around 8:00. After that we can hang out in the parking lot and check out the rides and then roll out to the rest of the day. Some folks may just want to drink coffee and check out the rides and that&#8217;s kewl too! Do not feel like you are obligated to eat, we know this is a great way to start off a Saturday. <o:p></o:p>
    PM with any questions about this event.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Big thanks to JeffreyJames for the killer artwork for our flyer!

3. We'll see about dragging a few of our guys out for a great time!

BloodyKnuckles

4. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

We're planning to go, Should have the 32 back together by then.

5. Thanks BloodyKnuckles, its an awesome ride down 85 at 6am. Sunrise in the windsheld for us and in the rearview for you!

Thanks Merlin, see ya there!

6. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

>> Merlin/Bloddyknuckles, Sounds good. Can't wait to see you there!

7. bttt............

8. MMMMM.....grits!!!

BTW...What is a "Grit"?? Enlighten a yankee.

BloodyKnuckles

9. You, Daron, me and the other "Grits" that will be there! Fello yankee.

10. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

A week away, Looking forward to it.

11. Ancient Rodder

Ancient Rodder

I tried to post earlier but musta did something wrong. Would like to come if not too outa place driving a Camaro. 33Vickys in shop going from 302 back to Flathead & won't be ready. What do you think?

12. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Hell my sedan has a few not so traditional items and they tolerate me:D, Come on up man!

13. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

:(Unfortunately we have other commitments that morning and afternoon but will try to make it to the December breakfast:).

14. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

>Ancient Rodder & Merlin, Look forward to seeing you guys there.
    >Ancient Rodder...Drag some of those Hard Knox guys up from Anderson with you! ;0)

Getting close, this Saturday!!

15. >DeVille Gal - See ya next month.

16. HEY HEY WHOA WHOA WHOA - This is only about 1.5 hours from me. Just saw this. I am going to have to try and make this. Especially if Deville Gal (Sangria?) and some of the "famous" Iron Lords may be there. :D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  17. deucegasser

deucegasser

Holy shit! Don't you guys know its illegal to have a winter car event in South Carolina?
    Bein origionally from the FROZEN north I always thought the winters here were too warm not to do some cruisin'. Count me in!!!!!!!

18. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Illegal? That only applies if it's snowing.:D

19. Saweet! Looking forward to seeing some new rides and meeting some new grits.

20. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Well at least I would be closer to home if I get into the Sangria that early as opposed to being drunk on a lawn chair in Bowling Green, KY at 9-10 AM :p. Think I will probably stick with coffee when we make it to the December breakfast.

Post pictures of the 1st one, I'll be thinking of you.

We (Vulcan Materials) are having a Rock-On ride to benefit the Boy's Home of the South on Saturday (11/13),,,there will be some cars participating in the ride (mostly bikes), others just on display,,,like our Caddy. 1st group out at 10 AM to two of our other SC Quarries, BBQ for $7. a plate starting at 1 PM if anyone is interested after the breakfast. Start and ending point - Vulcan Materials, Lakeside Quarry, 202 Brown Rd., Piedmont, SC 29673.

If anyone is interested I can PM more info.

21. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Getting close!

22. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Yep, 2 days to go!

23. Ancient Rodder

Ancient Rodder

Went up this morning just to scope the place out. Nice people, good food, very clean.

BUT how in the world did you guys zero in on the place, sure ain't on the beaten path so to speak, but then on second thought that may be the reason.

Hope to see ya Sat morning

24. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Hey I gotta work Friday night but plan on stopping by on the way home. Shaping up to be a pretty good turn out. See yall Saturday.

25. Ha...Thanks for the approval rating! The place is almost right in the middle of Greer. We eat there about once or twice a month. You hit it right, not on the beaten patch and for a good reason! Also, did you see the breakfast price?! Man you cant go to McDonalds for that! Hopefully out of the way enough to allow us to use the whole parking lot row closest to the road (or more!)

Not shaping up to bad at all! Being the first one, we may have to tweek some things though.