Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by LIVFRD, Jul 17, 2013.

1. LIVFRD

LIVFRD

Hey everyone.

I've been stalking the board for a while now, dreaming about the day I pulled my '54 F100 out of the garage. I bought it back in '96 and had it out on the road for a while but she's been sitting on blocks for almost a decade now. Time to get back out there, which means I'll be looking for some good advice as I go and this seemed the best place to get it.

My first projects are easy: replace the master cylinder, install some seatbelts and get some new wheels. Oh, and get the ten year old leaded gas out of the tank which leads me to my first question: what does one do with who-knows-how-many-gallons of ten year old leaded gas?!

Good luck all, hope to see you around.

2. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Welcome from Woburn!

You could try to stabilize the old gas if you're up for a potentially dangerous chemistry experiment. I've heard of folks using it to burn brush piles and such but i highly doubt Melrose would smile kindly on that sort of thing.