Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greensboro, NC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MayDay, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Any Hambers in the area? Me and the old man were thinking of getting together maybe once month to go eat at Jake's Diner (He has an unhealthy obsession with their pie). Anyone interested?

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Let us know if you decide to do this. We have a Once a month Breakfast in Charlotte that we are doing now. Saturday was the first one and it went great and we are always game for more stuff to do.

3. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Greensboro is way closer for me than Charlotte!

4. Well, lets set it up then! This weekend? I'm thinking Sunday around noon? But anytime would probably be fine.

Hey Jeffrey James, you guys get all your stuff moved? Find a place ok? You know, I wouldn't mind comin down once in a while to a breakfast thing once I get a little more confident with the old "mayflower." I mean, if that's cool.

5. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My HAMB friendly ride (64 Catalina) is currently in progress and my '63 356 got totaled. If you'll let me drive my '74 911 or my '86 Silverado P/U, I'll show up.

6. I'm in the Gate City pretty regularly...Brother in Greensboro and Dad in Burlington. Let me know what's planned and I'll do my best!

7. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

keep me in the loop not too far from mt airy to visit either get together.

8. OK folks, I guess I'll set up some guidelines just to get things going.

Meet Sunday, 3/14/10 around noon at Jake's Diner in Greensboro (on Wendover Ave.) I would ultimately like to make it HAMB friendly (pre 1964 rides) but for now, let's just see who shows up and get to know everyone.

I would love to start doing this once a month but we'll see what happens.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yup, we did get everything move and now we are in a space that's twice as cool! Try to make it down for the Breakfast next time. You'll have a blast!!! And once my Mec is back on the road I'll try to come up and hit Jake's Diner for that pie!

10. Hell yeah. Let me know.

11. Don't forget that daylight savings time starts THIS Sunday. Set your clock ahead one hour Saturday night.

12. High Point here, count me in for this Sunday for sure! Will bring the 51 Chevy pickup, would love to see a big turnout and this a monthly event! Don't forget about the weekly Thursday car show in downtown High Point at Kagan's Furniture, would love to see more HAMBers there.....
    If you see this truck there say hey.....

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  13. We'll see you there. And I'll be sure to say hello at the High point get together. We head down there pretty often.

14. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure what happened. I was there at 11:55 EDT and stayed around until 12:25. I didn't see anyone, so I left.

15. Yeah, sorry about that. We arrived right at 12:30. The caddy died on the exit ramp to Wendover. My dad, some trucker and myself pushed it and got it to Sheetz. We parked and then headed over in my dads A. Only one other guy showed up while we were there (thanks Rob).

We're gonna go again next month but we might try another time or place. It was kind of cramped. Any suggestions?

chris

16. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry it didn't work out. I'll think about another place. That place was packed at noon! You didn't want to be in there and try to carry on a conversation. The parking lot was loaded when I got there.

I'm thinking maybe the Olympic Family Restaurant on Market Street. It's out just off Sandy Ridge Rd. I'm not sure if it's open on Sundays, so I'll check.

17. I moved to the area last summer. I'm in Summerfield.

Looking forward to nice Spring weather so I can get out in the car again. I moved here from Ft Lauderdale and this was my first winter in many years.

Right now, I have two cars:
    68 Camaro
    52 Dodge Pickup

I've been over the High Point thing and am always looking for places to meet up with other car guys in the area.

I'm still working on getting the title work done for the dodge, but I should be on the road in about a month.

18. Yea I think another place would work out better too with a less crowded parking lot but I did have a great time! Enjoyed meeting ya Chris and Marty and we got the old Caddy going again ( hope ya made it home ok!) Was diggin' both the Caddy and Marty's Ford A!
    Hate we missed ya Rockable but we will see ya next time, you can catch me and other hot rod nuts at the Thursday night car show here in High Point on Main St, I've been telling everybody I run into so I hope for a good turn out!

19. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

Missed ya'll too found the post with time late on the 14th. Lets set up something for next month well out. Ya'll are always wecome to ride up to mayberry we got the snappy and great drive in theatre.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Just come on down to Hot Cakes & Hot Rods on April 3rd!!!!

21. I don't know. That seems like an awfully long way to push a Cadillac

22. So....

We're gonna try it again folks.

Same place (Jake's Diner in GSO)
    Different day/time: Saturday, April 10th, 9 AM.

Sunday at noon was out of control. This place tends to stay busy but this should be better. If anyone has any other suggestions though, I'm all ears....

23. Will try to make it Chris but had made plans to go to Charlotte auto fair that day, Sunday would work better for me but I know that place gets crazy Sunday mornings....I am going to try to make it to Concord this Saturday for the monthly pancake breakfast if I get my new rear end in by then.....you and the Caddy up for the trip??

24. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be on my way to Charleston. Sorry I'll miss it.

25. Well, we can do Sunday again around noon if that works better. I don't mind. Not gonna make it to Autofair but I might see if i can hitch a ride with the old man if I can even talk him into it. Still not sure about the Caddy.

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This Saturday is Hot Cakes & Hot Rods in Concord so if you guys can come on down!!!!!

Also Auto Fair after party the "Swap City Shindig" is next Saturday April 10th at our shop!!!!

27. Anyone from the area going to the Charlotte Auto Fair?

I need to get a pass so I can get on the track with my Camaro (my 52 Dodge isn't legal yet), but either way, I'll be going down to the track Friday night and walking the show on Saturday.

28. disorderlysaint

disorderlysaint

I'll be at the autofair friday and saturday. I might try to make Jakes if its held on sunday.

29. Alright, Sunday April 11th. Noon O'clock. Jakes. You may want to get there a little before, it gets pretty busy.

Still working on comin down for Hot Cakes, Senor James.