Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greatings & Respects - from Atwater, CA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by kingjes, May 10, 2005.

1. kingjes

kingjes

Hello all,
    I wanted to introduce myself to say hi and pay respects and homage to all you "gray beard" rodders. I'v Been into bikes my whole life. Its in my blood I think. I love rods and customs and finally dove into my first project since finishing my new bike.

I have done 4 bikes now. Frame ups and I think I have the bike thing licked. Yeah right!!! haha but since I finished this new bike and I plan on keeping her for a long while I thought it is a good time to start on somthin bigger and better!

Rather then starting from Frame up on my first "real rod" I would find a nice starting point to learn with. I picked up a nice 29 Ford Model A Closed Cab pick up. I sold off my 99 ram to get this new truck. Its a daily driver project since the Ram is gone now.

I have a few ideas for her and I am tracking it all thru my own little website www.kingjes.com if you care to check it out..

So, I look forward to learning all I can from you "salty dogs" of the rod scene.
    Greatings & Respects
    -jes

Ford Info:
    Motor is a 5.4L/327 from 66 Vette

What kind of intake does it have?

an Edelbrock aluminum intake.

What kind of Carbs does it have?

Rochester 2-bbls

What kind of headers does it have?

Homemade headers, Cherry Bomb mufflers and Homemade stainless high-pipes.

What kind of ignition does it have?

I believe it's a stock GM point’s style dist.

What can you tell me about the brakes?

Rear's are '65-66 Mustang drums (9"x2" I think. The front's are '64 Ford Econoline van units.

What can you tell me about the axels?

The rear is a '65 66 Mustang, and the front is a stock Model A I-beam thats been dropped and drilled (the spring looks to be a stock A unit, as well.

What can you tell me about the transmission?

It's just a garden variety TH-350 auto. The dipstick is incorrect so I just fill it

until it reads about an inch or two on the stick and let it dribble if it's over full. (professional huh?)

What can you tell me about the chassis?

it's an unboxed stock frame with an aftermarket front engine mount crossmember, a

pretty well designed homemade trans crossmember & mount, and a square tube

frame/bed support bolted to the rear rails.

What can you tell me about the Gauges?

The gauges are early Stewart Warner items that read correctly (at least the temp and oil pressure do) the speedo I think is about 10 mph slow.

What can you tell me about the wheels and tires?

Wheels are steel Ford 15x6's with '57 Fairlane hubcaps and New bias-ply tires from Coker Tire.

Here she is so far.. done a bit fo work to her so far.. nothing major.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. welcome to the HAMB. Nice project pickup you got there. thanks for sharing.
    like the bike, too.

3. kingjes

kingjes

Thanks. Im really into this truck man! It makes life so much better to come home from work and rather then sit on the couch getting fatter, I can go out into my garage and get some work done.. give me a reason to go home from work..haha
    -jes