Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Great Texas Mopar hoard auction results

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, Nov 6, 2021.

1. 12 pages of auction results. Interesting to see what actually brought the most money. so, pour yourself a cup of coffee or crack open a cold beer and check this out. Wish I would have been able to bid on a few of these. What an incredible collection, this guy had. Obviously some of the cars would have to be used, as parts, for others. Hopefully, they all went to a good home, even as parts cars better than being crushed for scrap.
    Videos on YouTube, by Steve, of almost each and every one of these.
    Great Texas MOPAR Vehicle Hoard Auction - Spankys Freedom Car Auctions

2. A nice collection. Some sold at good deals.

3. Some of those cars were in good shape and went for a fair price.

4. Wow! Lots of good deals there.

5. Steve Magnante is the right guy for Mopar info. Steve bought a nice 1966 Plymouth Belvedere from my brother many years ago.

alphabet soup and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. fuzzface

fuzzface

Not sure if I could work on cars like those, being from Wi. I am used to rusted out cars for those prices. :)

7. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good thing I wasn't there, I want 'em all.

8. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Thanks for the link. It was fun brows through.

9. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

A lot of coupe potential there

10. Squablow

Squablow

Damn, definitely some crazy good deals in that auction, I wonder what the deal was? The '61 Imperial coupe for under a grand is the one that's going to keep me awake at night, that would have been the best possible donor car for my Imperial to make a coupe out of it, and everything was there.

I also would have bought that '70 GTO, even though it was absolutely shot to shit, the whole drivetrain was still in it yet, $200 was crazy cheap.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

The 37 plymouths sold for nice money and the new owners look to have gotten some good deals

12. I was there the early days of the preview and the week of - for a few more reviews. It was oil money that bought them originally and it was oil money that bought them at the auction. Most motors where locked up from air cleaners being off and that damn west Texas sand getting in them. That said the west Texas sand got in them as well to rust them out those few days of rain they get out there.. ON TOP OF THAT - the pictures really didn't show the amount of animal stuff that was left behind - some motors had nests above the intake and almost air cleaner - the trunks for full of animal nests as well ! Ever seen a picture of a West Texas jack rabbit ?

That red Sunbeam convert ? Watch the you tube on that one - all the pictures are showing the left side engine compartment - it was nice car but had been wrecked hard on the right side by that inner panel and you could see the right side wasn't really lined up right - some sucker paid about $3500 for that. One 1957 4 door Plymouth with all the windows broke out brought $750 - guess they were buying that animal stuff for compost as it was full of it also !

Don't get me wrong - there were some buys and I was in on some until it got a little crazy and my trailer would only fit so much.

The parts were another thing with those Hemi motors just sitting on the floor in the building bringing $2000 to $3500 and more . Got to talking to his engine builder who was a actually good guy and told the story on some of them. If you find that linc - he was the one that built the 318 poly big cubic inch motor.

WalkerMD likes this.
  13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks like the majority of the buyers knew what they were buying and didn't go nuts.
    Those black Crown Imperials remind me of an older gent I palled around with in 1966/67 who had one that I drove a few times when he had to go have his artificial leg worked on and I usually drove back on those trips.

The one that got my attention was lot 242 The 55 Desoto Fireflite coupe. I've got a 56 Desoto Hemi in pieces in the shed and could manage an engine.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  14. TrailerTrashToo likes this.
  15. Sorry if I sounded ruff - there were a lot of nice cars he had bought and had stored on the grounds where they sold and the pictures were taken - the other parts type vehicles were parked in his other pasture where the cows were kept.
    One that went a little high was the 1956 Windsor hardtop - think it was a Corral color and had no grille or taillights - less engine and a bunch of other stuff - it sold north of $2500 and I thought that was way out of site for what was missing.

He had the most of the 1955/56 Plymouth and Dodges - maybe about 25 of just those.

The 1967/68 Imperials were ruff and most had no engines - they went pretty high as well.

Wish I could post a linc to the parts that sold......that was on Thursday.