Register now to get rid of these ads!

Great Place!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by cascadian, Sep 6, 2020.

1. cascadian

cascadian

Well hey, I’m new. I recently got a ‘53 Ford Mainline that I know nothing about other than certain parts being shockingly tough to come buy (cheap that is).

I also have a ‘62 F-100 4x4 that I’ve been building with my dad, and together I’ve become a big fan of the old Fords.

I got sent here from a few places discussing the 50s Ford cars social group, after seeking without much luck on where to find a bumper for this car. So - here I am.

Here are the two projects I have going on currently...glad to be a part of the group and I’m excited to read around here and learn from others!

Attached Files:

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  2. Looks like someone started to build a custom with the Mainline (chop etc.)
    Look in the HAMB Classifieds for parts.
    BTW, anything 4 x 4 is off topic;)

3. timbow33

timbow33

Hello Nick:
    I’m Tim Bowman from Lincoln, Nebraska. I worked for Harold Graves at Man-A-Fre in California in the 60’s. I just spoke to my long time friend Jack Bell and got your name from him so have known of the car for a while especially the Man-A-Fre. I read a bit of yours and others posts. I continue to build these systems today, just the way they were built when I trained alongside the master himself Harold Graves. I build them from the ground up or restore at any level any that come my way. May I help you with anything to do with the system? Give me a call sometime midday during the week.
    Thanks, Nick.
    Tim Bowman, Lincoln, Nebraska. 951-377-2245

4. cascadian

cascadian

Yeah - they chopped and shaved it, and that’s about it (I mean - that’s a lot!) - I’d like to blow it apart and clean it up and get it ready for the road. Planned to take my time on it, but who knows...excitement overpowers patience.

Thanks for the welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app