Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Great option for tracking a stolen car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chalkboard, Sep 21, 2016.

1. I just saw this on a web ad and thought it would fit well with all the HAMB threads on how to track a stolen car. Every time there is a notice of a stolen car on here there are all kinds of options put out there. Many of them a bit expensive (but not as expensive as loosing a car). At $29 and the size of a quarter it sounds like a good option. Also looks like something that the boss could feature on Gear Journal.

https://buy.thetrackr.com/

2. Do you have to be within 100 feet?

prewarcars4me likes this.
  3. I can usually find my car when I'm within 100 feet without help. Unless I'm crazy drunk (kidding, I don't drink).

4. gmhillbilly

gmhillbilly

P I'd much rather prefer some C4 or Dynamite to go off at a predetermined time better take care of them fucking thieves

Atwater Mike likes this.

5. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I need one for my set of car keys too...

Atwater Mike likes this.
  6. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

You know i think this is well worth a shot. It says if it loses signal and if someone else has one that is in the area it will update and notify you. Pretty darn good. But if you do t trust it. Then wont we all just go with lo jack? Or is that off topic?

tfeverfred likes this.
  7. This tracker thing has shown up here many times in the past few weeks.
    Great for finding your phone or remote.

8. dicer2000

dicer2000

The people in the video sure lose their shit a lot. 3 times on one beach trip. Dumb asses

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

firstinsteele likes this.
  9. slowmotion

slowmotion

New member, 3 posts, all spam! Book 'em Danno!

10. I can think of a couple of deterrents.... guard dog.jpg guard gun.png

Mr48chev likes this.
  11. One word: TRUNK MONKEYS!

31Dodger likes this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure that would be the best. The wife's "old out of date and now ugly" smart phone that wasn't good enough any more but has gps location in it hidden in the car with a small backup battery that has a diode in the charge feed so it won't feed back to the rest of the rig would probably be the best low buck locator system.

13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

^^^ Good idea there, Mr 48. My wife has an older smart phone; And, good thinking on the outrigger battery with the diode!
    My F100 had a couple of 'unsavory types' walking around it last week, looking around like they were planning a forced entry thru my recent Factory Tinted FoMoCo glass... I walked up, they got 'smiley'...
    I fended off their lame attempts at being 'friendly' by giving them the Eastwood Glare. (the silent growl from 'Hang 'em High' where he shows the remaining lynchers the scar)
    They left, jabbering in some peasant-like foreign tongue...