Register now to get rid of these ads!

great looking junkyard in Canada

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johndanger, Dec 23, 2003.

1. johndanger

johndanger

found this online , doesn't look too cheep , but saw a few Ts and As , might be worth checking out if you are close.

GV cars link

2. jdubbya

jdubbya

Damnit!! I am half asleep, and all I could make out is "T and A"....oh well, neat cars tho. [​IMG]

3. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

[ QUOTE ]
    NEW!! 1942 Ford Model T
    Tudor. Have doors and front axle, grill shell and steering, visor and trim. Has motor-trans-diff.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ [​IMG]........42 eh?

4. That's the stash Flatlandman's been talking about. Lotsa stuff, but kinda expensive. He's a little different too.....

5. laverda

laverda

GV .. Gordie Vincent just west of Neepawa. I have been in that yard many times over the years ... each time thinking he was asking too much. He has sat on the bulk of this stash for 20 years. First just a sign by the highway, then ads in the AutoTrader ... now a web site! He is an interesting cat who does not like prowlers ... even just the curious. I spent a bit of time chatting with about his sign company out front (no longer there) with the goal of getting a tour, lotsa interesting stuff but I think he believes it is his RRSP. (US = 401K??) and maybe it is ....

Still worth a visit if your up that way.

Later,
    papa al

6. I think he even had a sales lot on the west side of Neepawa once. Stopped in there on my way through to Wiinipeg 18-20 years ago to look at a woody. Huge money then and from the looks of things no different now.

Anyone remember the yard just east of Langenburg, Sask., along highway 16? Now THAT was a miserable old prick, but he sure had nice junk. First time I ever saw a Lincoln Zephyr coupe up close......

7. I remember hearing about the place near Langenburg. A friend told me he got chased out of the driveway with a shotgun. I never saw the place but heard about some of the tin in there. All gone now. I guess the only big place left is the tin farm in MooseJaw. Although its time is limited too. Maybe only another 5 years. Depends on the owner"s health. He is 75 now. Oh and one place at Outlook.

8. 12packo94s

12packo94s

i emailed him about some t stuff a while ago and he's definately on the expensive side

9. i like how the trees are all around that buick . i wonder how he got that 1 in there
    [​IMG]

10. When I went out to Crazy Bill's at Langenburg, we were greeted to the resident hound. I got this thing with dogs, and actually gained the old prick's respect when I ended up petting the dog without losing my arm. We got the tour of the place and got some pics of some real neat and rare stuff like a 39 Willys truck, 37 Lincoln Zephyr coupe, 59 New Yorker four door hardtop wagon, a couple 5-6-7 two door wagons, a pinky-magenta 56 DeSoto and a 53 Meteor ragtop.
    The one I wanted was a Canadian 56 Pontiac four door with a power pack 265 and factory air. It was black and had the bumper guard and fender skirts. When I asked him how much, that's when he went postal on us and chased us off the place. No gun, but I know he did that to a few people. As far as I know, though, he never took a shot at anybody. When he died, a scrapper moved in and baled about two dozen cars before my hillbilly buddy convinced them they's be better off auctioning them off instead of crushing. He bought a 51 Meteor Victoria, a 53 Merc M-100 with automatic, a couple 57 Pontiacs and six others for $2G. That's where my Hudson came from. That was a few years back, can't even tell there were cars there now.

11. In "84 when I was a kid we wnet back to visit my Fathers family in Neepwa, my Father was also looking for a project and bought two T's from Geordie. He left them there until the following summer when we returned with a newly constructed car trailer to bring the cars home.