Register now to get rid of these ads!

Great 58 Edsel Ranchero @ Hangin' Dice

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drdave, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Saw this killer '58 Edsel Ranchero at the Hangin' Dice show in Fort Smith, AR this last weekend. But wait...I don't remember Edsel having a Ranchero in '58 you say. Correct...then never made one, but this guy did! I have had this project in my head for years to do. Looks as cool as I thought it would! :D I tried to give him my name and number for if he ever decided to sell it, but he wouldn't take it. I don't blame him.

The show overall was a disappointment. Used to be a great show, lots of cars and tons of customs, but I counted not many more than 50 cars total this year. Something ain't right when Hub Harness shows up in a new Magnum instead of his killer 60 Buick and '59 El Camino. I don't know what the deal was, but the turn out was pitiful. Good thing this Ranchero was there to highlight the trip! :)

Attached Files:

2. Gee, and I know where I saw an abandoned project '57-8 Ranchero, in pieces but not too rotty.

How about a sedan delivery counterpart? I found one of those, too, although it's not good for much more than a body shell.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Would that make it a "REDSELERO"
    OR a "EDRANCHERSEL"

4. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

When I was about 14 my friends cousin had something like this, What it was,was someone took a 59 ranchwagon and cut it down to a pickup, used the wagon tailgate, moved the rear window to the back of the cab and it still opened, had a sunroof, finished off the bed sides real well too if I remember correctly, then it had a Edsel frontend on it, It was lime green and white,

The thing was real well done and cool, the only downside was that it sat on a 4 w drive chassis, I have always said that if I ever saw it abain I would try and buy it, but that was 30 some yrs ago

5. marv1

marv1
    from St. Louis

Love it, looks great!

6. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

he is out of the okla city area, has a/c pwr everything and a 302 ford with aod trans and disc brakes very well done...........oh he is a gold chainer too .....hehe :cool:

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I seen in the city here years ago a 61 Ranchero with a 61 comet front clip and tailfins with the cat eye taillights, man it was awesome. He combined both Scripts and it said "Cometero".

8. Squablow

Squablow

The Edsel looks good. I bet if Ford would have made one of these, it would have the Ford quarter panels and the Edsel wagon taillights just like this one has, so it's a pretty good interpretation. I'd like to see it with wagon side trim and full size accessory hubcaps instead of the shaved and red wheeled version, but still very well executed.

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

There is one running around in the south west Ohio area,I think its maroon. Jeff