Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. I'm a lame I didn't take one picture with my phone my kids and dad did. My wife took her big pro. Camera and got some good footage and pictures. I will try and post some later.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  2. Yes Dennis it was badass. 89 race cars and about 1000 people. Easy to walk around and see everything. Non stop racing just line up and go. Even grandpa said he likes it better than el mirage because it's all cars that he likes with out all the roll cages and fancy cars. He likes to see it the way it was back in his racing days and that is how this show was.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and RICH B like this.
  3. I knew it would be a good event as Hop Up is a first class act and put the effort in to make it a great time for all. My bet is this event will be back even bigger and better next year. So get that roadster ready to kick some butt. Did you get a chance to pick up the issue with my 3 window in it?

31hotrodguy likes this.
  4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hello, paintslinger805. Unless the Good LORD ain't willin' and the creek rises, Joyce and I will see you guys at El Mirage next month. I'm still pissed that we missed your debut on the silt. At least we will see y'all this time. Just caught up with your latest posts and it is sooo neat that you raced at Santa Margarita. Damn, you guys have come from around the world to racing in short order. I hope that old corn husker can make it. See ya shortly. Gary and Joyce

5. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

I sent this to Bruce yesterday and he asked me share it with the group.......I spied a picture of Elmer's roadster in the background 53119102467__A8DB1038-1527-4A46-A57A-924CE6D7192C.JPG of the book the "Birth of Hot Rodding" 53119103609__9FF21791-9130-4CED-AA55-837BFC33FD23.JPG

Tim, cactus1, chryslerfan55 and 8 others like this.
  6. Thanks tex. Now I need to find and buy the book.

7. Here's some pictures from 383 Dennis off Facebook . image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Tim, chryslerfan55, 63fdsnr and 4 others like this.
  8. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Your roadster looks bad ass Bruce!!!

9. I really like the last photo, ya look like you are ready to kick some butt! Bring on the fast ones.......
    Glad you got the photos..

10. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Here is a picture of Hypersonic at the LA Roadster Show in the latest issue of Australia's "Cruzin" magazine.
    Hypersonic.jpg

11. Now that is a good shot!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. Momma always said i'd be famous!!!

13. The Aussies know a real hotrod when they see one.;)

14. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Hey Bruce, didn't you get in trouble at the LA Roadster show by a couple of old farts for being a hot rod hooligan and having way too much fun in your roadster..............so classic coming from guys that when they were our age acted the same way, at least they got a picture of it HAHA

15. Yep and not one of them stepped up at the rpm nationals to race. Maybe none of them were there. It wasn't a streetrod gig so.::..

Cyclone Kevin and loudbang like this.
  16. image.jpg @socaltex I got one of these. Let's see how many Hamb members have them! !!

Blues4U, Stogy, waxhead and 2 others like this.
  17. Now THAT is cool!

18. Yes very cool. I know there's got to be a lot more pictures out there. He was out there for almost every meet during his days in the Pasadena roadster club.

Stogy, loudbang and cactus1 like this.
  19. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, I’d like to see those as well, glad The McNatt’s took pix as well as all of the others that are popping up. I bet that this means the world to Elmer seeing that history is repeating itself. That mans a “Lead Foote” through and through. ;).

loudbang likes this.
  20. image.jpg Junk junk and more junk. That lil 100cc tony cart will out run ya if
    The hypersonic special won't.

21. image.jpg My 17 year old will have to be the pilot of the next race to keep the history alive. He's ready are you!!!!

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  22. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Go Wyatt!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  23. image.jpg The hypersonic special is also known in japan. We are going world wide....

24. El mirage tomorrow be there or... Oh never mind

loudbang and ROCKER77 like this.
  25. Have fun Bruce......Cold as hell here in Nebraska today. Sure wish I was there...

26. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

loudbang likes this.
  27. Good times at el mirage image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Even let a bunch of kids play race car driver..

hotrodA, Blues4U, Stogy and 10 others like this.
  28. Kids! That is what it is all about . . . if we don't get kids involved, there will be nobody to take this forward. Hell, they'll all be in their electric cars, on auto-pilot, texting one another and not even paying attention to the road! To think how few will ever experience the fun of an old hotrod . . .

God I hope I'm dead before that happens! LOL

29. dam!@ Bruce I LIKE THE SHOT OF IT IN THE SUN.....Very cool

paintslinger805 likes this.
  30. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

chryslerfan55, Stogy and jerseyboy like this.