Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Bent axelholes is my new club.

2. image.jpg image.jpg Also found a nos 32 pitman arm.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Yea I think it came out great the real test will be driving it.

4. Where the fuck is the video of this badass motor running????

5. There's a video of it running way back in oct. Back about 15 pages or so.

cactus1 likes this.
  6. image.jpg I hauled ass down to grandpas and spent the day with him today. Just got home. It's gonna be a hot ass Lars this year. It was 96 in pomona today.

7. We had to go over to the early ford store and pick up The final little flux capacitor we needed to go hypersonic.;). Bill wanted $550 for a original 32 fan!!!! It was cracked and he said oh 500 then. Made me laugh. I will stick with my cut up one.

That's a candy store for the rich.

8. Oh hell yea!!!!

9. Yeah - I told you what those fricking fans were bringing. Pretty much anything that is original '32' might as well be made of fricking gold! It will match those 'chains' that one needs to acquire. Ha!

Now you better get your car done as my headers will finally be done this AM and I'm taking the 32 Cab out for a spin - and we've both been in a SLOW race with time!

My Cab has been sitting for two months while I've screwed around with a new exhaust system - but I like the way this one has turned out. I've finally get a set of headers and side exhaust that are the way I want them to be (of course that took a lot of welding and fabrication on top of Dave Havlir's custom work). I even added a few 'tuning features' to the headers - will let you see that little experiment soon! LOL.

Now get back out there and get that new suspension underneath the car . . . we all want to see the maiden voyage with Gramps!

D

paintslinger805 likes this.
  10. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. image.jpg image.jpg Here's a couple off topic pictures but it's a flathead and we love em no matter what.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. image.jpg image.jpg Bushing were gone. So I'm doing it right. I want a nice tight front end. Reamed the holes and installing the good bushings. More to come later

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  13. image.jpg Not bad for a white guy

Jet96 and Stogy like this.
  14. I've never seen those perches with that extra bit of meat in the web? '32 only?

15. Now that you say that I checked my other sets and none have them. I know this hole front end came off a 32, so maybe only 32? These are perfect too. They never got loose and sloppy. The shafts are perfectly round no out of shaping to them.

cactus1 likes this.
  16. image.jpg When you buy new shackle kits they come with nylon nuts. So now we have to drill them for original castle nuts and cotter pins. Keep it OG.

Stogy and Texas36 like this.
  17. Hey Bruce . . . headers are done . . . and the bastards are loud (right below the window). I think I'll need block-off plates and pipes out the back - or I'll be deaf!

Jet96 likes this.
  18. Dale. Damnnnnnnn.
    I just listened to that about 30 times with my beats pill loud as hell. Sounds bitchin.

19. image.jpg Spring spreader.:D

Stogy likes this.
  20. You think like me! I did exactly the same thing on my first 34 Ford - had a big C-clamp . . . so WTF, worth a try! You're making progress - will be on the road very soon. I took my 32 out this evening - drove to a small town next to me, had a couple beers and a nice dinner - to celebrate the ole' flathead being back on the road. Was a lot of fun . . . exactly what you'll be doing soon. :)

21. image.jpg Here's to ya dale. Some tri tip and BBQ'ed artichokes. I will be banging gears real soon. Really soon!!!

Blues4U, Jet96 and brEad like this.
  22. Rotten

Rotten

23. I can't decide if I like the axel dropped or un dropped.

24. Get rid of those goofy indy car rain tires and throw down some wide whites on chrome reversed rims and THEN we're talking cool as hell!

25. Glad to see you are making some great headway. It won't be long now and it will be on the road!!!!
    Can't wait to see the video!

paintslinger805 likes this.
  26. Wish I was nearby . . . I'd have been right over! I love artichokes - do you do anything to them (oil, spices/garlic, etc) - have never done them on a grill. Can't wait to see your first video!

27. Boil the artichokes until almost done. Add garlic and seasoning to water. Cut in half take out all the hair. Add olive oil and your favorite seasoning and grill to perfection. Kick it up a notch and boil in a good beer first.

28. Oh and once you grill an artichoke over a wood fire you will never want to eat them any other way, so be prepared for that.:D Nice smokey flavor artichoke. Plus you can boil them whenever and put in frige till it's time to bbq.

Jet96 likes this.