Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. image.jpg Dennis it's just raining cats and frogs. As far as updates lots of rain and flooding. More rain here in California then iv seen in about 15 years. Our lakes are filling up fast. We might not have to migrate to the middle of America just yet. Not good weather for a roadster ride.:D

timmy2times likes this.
  2. Well you are lucky it is not snow and is only rain. You guys sure have had a lot of rain this winter. I do watch the weather to see what is going on in your area. Should be a great green spring for you though.
    Are you going to the swapmeet in Pomona ?

paintslinger805 likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ya know Slinger this type of detective work highly relies upon resolution. So the utmost highest scan resolution may shed the only chance at resolving the mystery. So perhaps having the original owners of these images generously offer to re-scan at the highest resolution and crop the area and send it to you retaining the highest res possible it may give the answer to the mystery other than additional photos that may appear over time. The fact that you are only getting a portion of the image protects the rights of the owners. Just thinking out loud...

loudbang and paintslinger805 like this.
  4. Stogy,
    The photo of the car running down the dry lake came from my grandpa. My wife is a professional photographer and she is still working on it and trying all the little tricks when she has time. She's too busy with her clients crap so I'm on the back burner when it comes to messing with her computer. Last time I was on it I somehow erased about 100 photos from one of her shoots so i got put in time out. No touchy her computer. I don't have a computer I just use my phone to play on the hamb. She wants me to see if grandpa still has the negs. And if he does then she will be able to figure it all out.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  5. What swap meet Father's Day??? That's the only one I go to.

6. Don't they have one at the GNRS? I have not been to this so I am not sure, I guess I just always thought they had one.

iwanaflattie likes this.
  7. No I don't believe so Dennis I think it's just the roadster show. I will take lots of pictures for you and send them your way.

8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I really want a photo shoot with are 3 cars together. Although Dennis will need a motor rebuild and you clearly new tires before I'm even close to finished.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

brEad likes this.
  9. image.jpg
    What are you talking about Wyatt my tire are just barly falling apart. These suckers are aged by age. Perfect patina for this ol junk heap.

10. Almost done just have this much more to go before I sell it. image.jpg

grumpy32, brEad and Stogy like this.
  11. I don't think it's worth much I hear the deuce is on the down fall. :( Maybe a beaver pelt or two.

Stogy likes this.
  12. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep.....El Mirage it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm sure it's Elmer.

Runnin shine likes this.
  13. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes Bruce, El Mirage.

14. image.jpg Nothing looks better than a hand rubbed lacquer paint job...

slv63 and loudbang like this.
  15. image.jpg Grandpa should like this huh?

slv63, loudbang, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  16. image.jpg image.jpg I think I'm gonna also run this trunk handle instead of the 32 I have just to be different and see how many hates I get when the 32 boys see it on the car.

timmy2times, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ya Disrupter...:eek:...probably been done many times over...run whatcha got...;)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  18. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Hey where's the tail lights and Hollywood light? I know you got'm way back.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Race cars don't have any of that too heavy.

loudbang likes this.
  20. I am sure Grandpa is going to really like it......

21. I don't know what you were 'a rubbin' - it does NOT appear to be lacquer! LOL

22. I should of used some 600 weight lube oil. Got to hot and burned the rod....:D

loudbang likes this.
  23. You should have added - in addition to the palms of BOTH hands! LOL

paintslinger805 and loudbang like this.
  24. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

25. No she said I would go blind.:D
    Funny thing I do have to wear contacts.o_O

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  26. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's a long way from Nipomo, but you and your family are more than welcome to bunk here until the crap clears up. We can enjoy some Tex-Mex style mexican food, brewskies, and a dry spot to rest your heads. If you go to Dennis's country, you might start talking funny ! LOL P.S. Don't forget your contacts.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  27. Hell I got set way back on the roadster today. We had a transformer blow up right outside my sons window at about 6:30 am. It sounded line a drive by shooting and I jumped straight for my arsenal and ran out side to find a tree feel down over night in my yard and a transformer on fire in my front yard. Just got power back at about 7Pm. My phone still worked all day so I was still lurking on the hamb. It's been so nice for all the rain it reminds me of when I was a kid as rain has been a no show for many years here. It's rained here and there but not like this in a long time. Did take the family to the beach to see Mother Nature at her best today. This is off topic so I will post some more pictures of grandpas hypersonic tomorrow for all to injoy. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    loudbang and Stogy like this.
  28. Gary I'm ready for some tex-mex food and music for sure. I told my wife we need to take a ride out to Texas this summer. We have family living in Austin and we will drive and meet up with you in San Antonio.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are lucky, I think. I used to get my ass whipped when I misbehaved. In timeout, do you meditate about doing wrong ? I would never guessed that little woman was such a disciplinarian. Thinking about it, I am lucky. I can outrun Joyce. Seriously, I surely hope that weather clears up for you.

loudbang likes this.
  30. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Relatives in Austin ? Man, we go to Austin pretty often to Top Notch burgers, a drive-in burger joint on Burnet Rd. There is so much more rod related stuff going on than in S.A. This is great to know. Do they have hotrods? We look forward to this happening.

loudbang likes this.