Register now to get rid of these ads!

Graffiti Style Motorcycle Fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tripple G, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Tripple G

Tripple G

I'm looking for a motorcycle fender to build Graffiti style front fenders for my '32 5 window coupe. The tire tread width is 7-inches, so I'd like to find a smaller style fender. It seems like all the bikes today have much wider fenders? Also, I have a set of New Age Motorsports fiberglass reproduction fenders, but I'd really like to go with steel. Any suggestions?

2. F&J

F&J

Milners looked like trailer fenders to me...if you want his style?

3. Tripple G

Tripple G

I bought a couple of trailer fenders from Tractor Supply, but they were way too big. (too wide & didn't have the right profile) I figured I could use them for a starting point and cut them down, but I was just looking for something simpler and less time consuming? Thanks.

4. dudley32

dudley32

old ford rear tire cover had a nice rib in the center...lot of motorcycle guys like them for fenders...d32

5. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw some cycle style trailer fenders at Ranch and Home in Kennewick, Wa a few months ago that would be the right size and had a nice rounded top rather than the flat tops that most trailer fenders have. I didn't get a brand but they are fairly heavy duty metal. It might be worth a call to find out what brand they are. http://www.ranch-home.com/ Around 20.00 each then.
    The hot lick back in the day was to use the spare tire bands off 35 Fords but they are only wide enough for about a 5.50 16

I'd go to the local places that handle parts and pieces for small trailers. Usually that is something like Tractor Supply.

7. J53

J53
    from WI

I think this is about as easy as you're gonna get

8. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

If i remember right this was 35-6 ford spare cover. Now it makes a great shelf.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      443.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Drag Specialties makes a lot of different motorcycle fenders in steel, try them online.
    EBay or Hemmings for '35/'36 tire covers ?

10. truck

truck
    from Brisbane

i made mine by cutting a 44 gallon steel drum up, work out width you want then cut either sid eof the roled rib leaving a bit for a folded, wired edge and away ya go.

11. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

34-36' spare tire cover.I have one in my bike.
    I bought it from the ebay few yrs ago.
    Well,mine is not an original.One guy use to make them in the US,from thicker sheetmetal than original,but otherwise the design is similar like on the originals .I think its made of near 2 mm sheetmetal.Is it 14 gauge or something..