Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got these Pics this morning...fire!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by white64, May 2, 2011.

1. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Heck......... if that were my car, I wouldn't be able to speak without stuttering, let alone spell perfectly !
    Man what a loss.
    My heart goes out to him and the new owner both !
    Tom S. in Tn.

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

What Type of wheel spacers.

3. Stangblue

Stangblue

Don't feel bad The highway dept left the R out of Rockchester in the pic. lol lol

4. wally55

wally55

What a shame,people seem to be missing the point,(spelling!Really?)It's too bad about the car,looked like it was a very nice ride.

5. People do seem to be missing the point, well mostly the little old ladies with there panties in a bunch. Lag bolts! really? Its not like the A and the U are next to each other on the keyboard.

Yes it is a shame about the car, I don't think that anyone disagrees with that.

6. Weasel

Weasel

I am so sorry to hear of Paul's loss. A warning to all - the Chinese made wheel adapters have scary cheapass soft metal bolts and sometimes they have metric thread bolts on an Imperial/fractional bolt pattern such as Chevy 5 on 4.75". The thread pitch on the metric studs is pretty damn close but feels a little sloppy if you use Imperial/fractional lug nuts. The threads on the Chinese bolts are so soft they will strip off really easily. Ask me how I know this....:eek::eek::eek:

If you have to use wheel adapters, at least replace all the bolts with Grade 8. ARP wheel studs are not expensive but losing your car to an accident sure is....

7. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Where's spell check when you need it?

8. Labold

Labold

The only thing worse than watching your car burn "extra crispy" on the side of the road is having your friends obsess about spelling and punctuation while telling them about it.

9. wasn't his car. And when I posted there were no pics just poor English.

Now for all you "gee it really doesn't matter and these fellas will get on your case for using the wrong terminology" HAMBers go here and tell me it isn't important.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586334

This is the second try at the same question.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586327

But you know what they say: Ignorance is bliss, I wanna be the blissest mother on the planet.

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

What a shame. :(

Are you going to rebuild it better, faster, stronger?

11. Django
    I get the impression that NashRodMan is going to start over from scratch.
    It is his car, my understanding is that White64 originally built the car and that Nash spaced the rear wheels out for a clearance issue after he bought the car from White.

It is a crying shame it was a beautiful car, very traditional from the pics that I have seen of it.

The old racers used to say that if you break it with a single carb rebuild it with two fours. If you break that huff it, and if it still breaks inject it. . .

Better faster stronger sounds like a plan to me.

12. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

IMO, when wheel spacers move the center of the wheel further out from mating surface of the hub/wheel, the tension/stress on the wheel studs is going to be magnified by virtue of increased leverage.

I think if I needed to run spacers/adapters I would change out the wheel studs to new studs of known quality.

Also adapters can cause issues when the car lug studs contact the back of the rim causing things to work loose. Anything other than a flat smooth mating surface will cause problems.

13. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Losing the car doesn't bother me nearly as much as almost losing my life in it. That's what bothers me the most and continues to do so days later. Not that I TRY to dwell on it or am a big baby but the event replays in my mind over and over whether I want it to or not. As for spelling,...can we please get over it,....we should all be more forgiving of each other and concentrate on what is important...helping each other with this hobby and other things.

I will not rebuild the car but there is another hot rodder near me that has one that is a shell and rusty who is interested in getting the car to fix his. To me, helping him do that is what's important and fosters this whole hot rodding thing.

Agreed?
    Paul

14. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

Owe gudeness, wut eh? tearabul thing! Bad spaysir, bad lag bolt. Kneed menny galuns black prymur two fix taht;)

15. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

It'll buff out?

16. Paul its not a spelling thing its a 'beaner thing at this point. Don't sweat that part of it. It certainly isn't bothering me.

Good of you to help the other fella out. Now how are we going to get wheels back under you?

The whole thing will pass in time or it should. This is just one episode in your whole life, something else will come along and take its place. Trust me, you're gonna be fine.

17. white64

white64
    from Maine

I would like to think that "Pinkie", as I used to call it (it was screaming bright pink when I bought it), would still be around in one way or another, either complete or in parts for another rod, maybe two... Can cars be "organ donors?". There were some neat parts on it.

18. white64

white64
    from Maine

19. white64

white64
    from Maine

Ok... I'm done, time to say good bye.

Time to move on.

My stude awaits!

Attached Files:

20. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

You used like 4 periods at the end.

21. 392

buy looking at how many posts you have made you must be a hoot to be around, and must know it all, you remind me of some people i would like to forget !

22. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

a fire extinguisher...no matter how big or how many....is not going to help you when the tank full of gasoline is ignited.

23. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

you all need to grow up and stop acting like a bunch of kindergardeners. not everyone is perfect at spelling; i know i'm not. Its pretty obvious that you understand his point he is trying to make....now move on.

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I still can't tell what happened... who added the spacers? First owner or the second? Gary