Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got the old Y Block to fire!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by overkillphil, Feb 19, 2009.

1. overkillphil

overkillphil

I just had to share. I bought this '61 F100 for $300 that was supposedly running, but a tweeker had his way with it. After 2 hours of re-adjusting the valves, and resetting the firing order, changing plugs and ect. we finally got her to fire. I went ahead and bolted my homemade zoomies on to get a feel for how it will sound. I can't wait to get this thing in my T and rattle some windows:).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The video is shakey, but so am I, so...
    <object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mf-URLSNRZU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

2. Holy shit dude you either need to balance the engine or have a shot of whiskey to get the shakin under control >>>>.

3. overkillphil

overkillphil

Lol, it's called Parkinson's, but yes, I should have put it on a tripod or have someone else film it:D

4. throttlein

throttlein

Cool, hope mine fires up in my A.

5. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Better fix the oiling to those rockers too,should be miles more oil up there than that .I guess you already know that y blocks have problem with bad top end oiling so i won't need to tell that.:)

6. kidzintha34fodor

kidzintha34fodor

Let me know if you need any parts for that old "Y" I've got piles of parts! blocks, heads, ect..... I also have an extra Offy tri power and ram horns
    Chris

7. overkillphil

overkillphil