Register now to get rid of these ads!

got rid of the plymouth for a gasser raced in the 60s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cakes, Mar 21, 2011.

1. cakes

cakes

hey everyone, I recently traded my old 50 plymouth for a 54 chevy 210 that was raced in the 60s and 70s in and around charlotte north carolina. It ran in c/g with the number 564. Also the car has "RAT TRAP" on the rear sides of the car. It probably had a small block back then. Right now it has a 454 MKIV and a 700R. The front end is from a 57 chevy truck. Don't worry the front end will be re fabed to where there is some shackle angle and it will be dropped down at least 4 inches all the way around. Anyone have any info or pictures of the car of the car. Here are some pics of the car as it sits today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

3. I saw that on CL in Charleston for awhile, glad to see it stay in town. Congrats.

4. cakes

cakes

ya I certainly pulled one over on the guy who had it

5. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Holy stilts and flat springs with a drop axle. Did the previous owner upgrade and freshen up a few things? How much of it is the original setup?

6. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

Id say! Its a cool car with history, but I agree. It needs to loose some altitude!

7. cakes

cakes

thanks, its pretty fun minus the shitty brakes, where are you in charleston? what do you drive?

the car was rebuilt some time ago, probably within the last 2 years at lake norman rod shop in denver, nc. I have no idea of the condition of the car when they got it. the front end is all recent fab work as is the front floor and the engine. As is the firewall work. I am unsure of the tilt front end and the cage. It would also appear that the rear suspension is an older setup. the ladderbars are newer as well.

8. cakes

cakes

don't worry its in the works, first things first is to remove the lift blocks

9. Turn the key, stomp on the gas, and try to get that shit eatin' grin off your face.

10. Wicked deal. Scroll some rubber. :cool:

11. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

me rikey.

flaco

12. Man, that's an awesome score! Too cool..

13. cakes

cakes

Thanks guys, Gulliver I second your sig, pretty awesome

14. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

If thats how the axel was set up when it was raced. Id prolly leave it alone.

15. cakes

cakes

ya its been altered from when it raced so i am going to alter it some more and make it a good driver and racer

16. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

17. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

what did you pay for it?

as well as lowering, i'd change those seats, lose that yellow window tint, get a nicer looking scoop and paint it.

before you do anything however, upload a burnout video...

oh, and it probably was raced with a B-Block because of the name, "Rat".

18. Pretty cool, that baby sure is up there though, glad your lowering it. That would be funny to say that you're lowering your car 4 inches and it still sit like a gasser when done, a head scratcher for sure.

19. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Those front springs look pretty short, I would be looking for some longer springs for a better ride. I've seen some at the local farm store under 26". I got the ones from Speedway for my F1 axle (30" springs) and the matching f&r mounts they sell for my 55. Nice score.

20. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

cool ride,looks like a pretty straight body

21. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

I think it's great. Go drive the wheels off of it.

22. cakes

cakes

I traded my damn near stock 50 plymouth fastback for it straight up

23. cakes

cakes

still wondering if anyone has some pics of this thing racing in the 60s

24. I love those seats! If you are going to replace them, let me know and maybe we can work something out!

Great car, by the way!

25. cakes

cakes

I probably wont be getting rid of the seats, I'm a big guy and they fit me great which is an uncommon but nice thing

26. arnolddyer

arnolddyer

Hey guys,I hate to interrupt but, I'm trying to start a thread And I just cannot find the start a new thread button. I do have the ok to do so,but just can find the box.Can any assist,please.Thanks

27. cakes

cakes

Left hand side of the screen in between the sub topic and the topics sections, there is a button that says start new thread

28. arnolddyer

arnolddyer

thanks.I don't know if it was correct but I went all the way to the right and clicked on the hamb symbol and it gave me the start new thread.Thanks again.

29. THAT is AWESOME!! Love it.