Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got me a new Kustom project.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48cad, Oct 3, 2011.

1. 48cad

48cad

First, I know the pictures leave a little to be desired, but I actually didn't get it home yet. It's about a 1000 miles away in Iowa. Hamber Rick is going to pick it up this week for me. I've been looking for a Packard 115 or 120 convertible coupe that I could afford for myself. Fortunately I'm busy in the shop with five customer projects going, unfortunately that leaves me little time for my personal stuff. Should make a killer kustom someday. I'll post more pics when I get it back at the shop.

Attached Files:

2. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

3. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Packard's are my favorite! Congrats! A coupe & convert as well? Can't go wrong with that.

4. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

very cool ! i love old packards

5. 48cad

48cad

I'm sorry, yes it is a convertible coupe a 115 series. It's just a little larger than a 35 or 36 Ford vert. The super 8's and larger just don't make good kustoms in my eyes, but the 115 or 120 series hmmmmm hum.

6. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Nice find. It looks clean!!!

7. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

looks like a great start, hopefully you will have some free time to get going and still enough paying work too.

8. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I still haven't gotten over that beautiful 48 Cadi of yours. If this turns out half as nice it'll be a mind blower for sure. Best of luck!

9. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very sweet indeed !!!!
    Good for you......
    Cheers.......

10. 48cad

48cad

[​IMG]Well, Rick delivered my Packard today. So I thought I would throw up a couple more pics. I'm excited to be even thinking about doing one for myself again. The old gal is in fair shape. Little crunchy in the floors and door bottoms and might need a R.R. fender, but hey "it is one" and the price was good. The pictures make the car look much better than it really is. Now just need some time... oh and money.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Whoa! That is sooo cool. Another killer custom project in SC. It's great seeing so many cool tasteful cars getting built in the area lately (instead of so many rusty rats I saw when I first moved here).

12. 'Mo

'Mo

13. 48cad

48cad

Damn... I should be workin on customer stuff. Thx Mo. I think I'm gonna keep it simple. Maybe extend rear fenders a little, skirts, lay grill back slightly, fatman frt, 4 bar rear, modern drivetrain and air ride, shitcan bumpers in favor of something smaller, if any at all, Paint candy rootbeer with light buckskin interior. It's already built in my head, I just have to transform it to metal.

14. 'Mo

'Mo

That sounds really great! I hope you'll post lots of photos.

In the meantime, enjoy this line-up, all Darrins!

[​IMG]

And, of course, "Gable" (the best ever, IMO.)

[​IMG]

15. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Packards are tough cars to customize and still keep their class and good looks. you did a great job on the Caddy, which is also difficult, so I expect the Packard will come out just as magnificent!
    Good luck!

16. That´ll make a great Kustom.

17. hotdamn

hotdamn

carson top??????????????????????????????

and I agree with chopolds on both accounts!

18. Sbc chevy turbo 350 a/c can't get any better than that.............................................

19. 48cad

48cad

Thanks guys appreciate the compliments. I'm gonna go with a no on the Carson top. I know I'm gonna catch some flak for this but.... I really don't care for a Carson top on a real convert. I don't think this car even needs a top chop. I'm going to have to walk around the car for few weeks and study it. I have a plan in my head, although it is subject to change.
    Hotdamn I'm in charlotte this weekend for race with the caddy. Stewart Hass is having a deal on Sunday. " Hot rods at the Race Shop" . Hit me up if ur going.

20. hotdamn

hotdamn

thats awesome your in town, The Iron Lords are co-hosting and judging that stewart-haas show so I will be there bright and early on sunday morning:)

21. Bump for updates 48cad!!!

22. spiders web

spiders web

Sweeeeet. Put a early hemi in it. Looks to be about a 38-39 and with a rumble in it. Way cool. My 49 is starting to come together. Keep sending pics.

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Thanx for bumpin this up. Im not into 'verts, but this thing would make a bad ass kustom.
    Carson style top and all the old school tricks would be perfect here.
    Fill us in man.

24. VintageConcepts

VintageConcepts

Any updates on a vert?

25. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Any progress??

26. zjerry

zjerry

Looks Nice any new Pic's ?

27. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey hey ,nice car, lowered , spinner hubcaps , purple suede , chopped a bit ,maybe s10 chasis,,,best wishes on the build