Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got me a motor and have lined up a tranny and rearend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Been a good week of part locating for the 29 sedan project... picked up a goodrunning 327 for the 29 today with the help of FlamedAbone's cherry picker and next weekend I pick up a T350 tranny from HAMBer Tudor and traded my 59 chevy dash and some cash for a 9" rear..

Also have decided that the sedan is going to get an A frame and fenders with a shinny 30/31 grill (I think).. I am going with a 60's look I call "surf rod", big rake and rear tires slightly hanging out with a white top and little to no chop... I have colelcted a few photos and pics in the mags of the look but no digital pics other then this tub which is close (pic a sedan body on it...)

2. Cool but those tires are sticking out too far.

JH

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Ya, I was thinking the same thing, mine will will protrude some but not that much...and I think I am going to run Chrome reverser to give it some shine

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

How wide is the Ford 9" ?

Or what did it come in from the factory ?

What gear did you get?

Inquiring minds wait to know........

[​IMG]

5. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Thats where our Tudor projects will be different. Fenderless all the way for mine BOONES. I will have new photos Sunday with axles and wheels - yes she'll actually rol by the end of day Sunday!

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Randy, I was able to dig into Bob's stash.. It will be one of hise out of a 57-59 with gear of choice that he has lying around. Though now that I have decided to go with fenders I may grab his maverick rear as it is the most narrow of all of his I think...

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

The Maverick 8 incher is 2 inches more narrow than the 57 - 59 Ford. The only real down side to them is they are NOT as tough as a 9 inch and Posi rears are like chicken lips. Most full fendered Model A's do not have enough tire to KILL a 8 inch anyway. They will spin before breaking.

3.55 is the most gear available..from Ford..Most are 2.79 and 3.00 [​IMG]

Glad to see you are making progress on the Model A......Knoxville is just 4 months [​IMG] [​IMG]

The 57 -59 will have a drain plug in the bottom of the axle housing .......which is good.

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Randy, 4 months, that is just a little to close for how fast I work... but you never know, maybe....

Does anyone make a boxing kit for a Model A frame.. Think I will practice my welding and the stock frame will be good thatfor....