Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Got me a 32 five window barn find today

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tattoos by brandon, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Yes, couple pages there. But talking about it will probably get this thread shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els likes this.
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

If there is how does it work? Last thing in the world I give a shit about is Facebook. I understand how the HAMB works, but why would there be a need for a Facebook version? Just too confusing for me to understand, remember I'm 66 years old, and don't own a cellphone. Bob

3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What next a HAMB stalkbook.!! No tell me I am dreaming. Personally I never use stalkbook anyhow so would not know fact from fiction.

els and The37Kid like this.
  4. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow that was a short love affair. Buy on Tuesday sell on Friday. Any particular reason?

els likes this.

5. Bob, you're not old, man! 66 is the new 45. Eat some salad, keep your mind active and you'll be around another 30, EZ. Smartphones are just like having a little computer in your hand, and a tv, and a radio, and a gps, and a guitar tuner, and a construction calculator, a video camera, a spirit level, an alarm clock, a Star Trek-like video communicator.....

[​IMG][​IMG]

This site (the Hamb) is almost exactly like facebook as it is. It's just customized a whole lot for this specific topic and use, and is externally moderated. Facebook is just another social forum like Hamb, like Fordbarn, like Toolbarn and any number of other sites.

To "give a shit" about Facebook, is to "give a shit" about the people you're interacting with on that site, that's all. It's just people reaching out, talking and sharing stuff. Just like here. The members on the Facebook site are probably all members here too, it's just a different place to socialize.

Ryan makes money creating and running Hamb (I'm sure he barely makes a living like most normal people), Mark Zuckerberg does the same, except he just has more users so he makes more $. Like billions. He still buys his cloths at Salvation Army though. It's America, he's got that right.

It's funny people find it odd that a website (Hamb) that celebrates redundancy might have a few pages on Facebook that they find "redundant".

(I no longer go on Facebook because I'm tired of arguing with my friends/family about politics, and I don't care about most of what gets discussed, like "what they ate for dinner", or "where they went for vacation". I liked my friends and family way more before I read their posts on Facebook. I am far more interested in the topics here, and I like interacting with the people here, I find them more interesting, and the rules make it a far less hostile environment.

As for the kid selling his deuce, not all of us care as much about '32 Fords as you guys. If it were me, I would sell it/trade it to one of you guys who really loved '32's, make you really happy, then I would buy an A, (a pretty nice one), that would make me really happy. It's pretty clear he isn't trying to get top dollar or take advantage of anyone, people have gotten 2X on Ebay for basically the same thing just last month. Plus, he already has 4 projects going. He just happened to be the one to unearth that car.

I don't really care if this is OT, the mods can just delete my post if it offends anyone.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    els, norms30a and Stogy like this.
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Nice try, but I don't understand a thing you posted. If the HAMB was a Ford dealership why go to a Chevrolet dealership to buy a Ford you wanted in the first place. Why not log on to the HAMB in stead of going through Faceshit? Bob

els and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Sorry. Being concise ain't my strong point.

Let me try again.

You're original question was "how does it work"

Well, there's a private group called "The Hamb" on Facebook.

They say right in their description that they are not officially affiliated with the "H.A.M.B" or Jalopy Journal, but are like minded.

I'm not a member of this private group on Facebook, but I just signed up to see what it's all about.

Maybe these people still wanted to buy a Ford, but at a different dealership. (They should pick their own name though.)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    els likes this.
  8. '37-4D

'37-4D

Very cool!!!!!

els likes this.
  9. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Congrats on the find, and best wishes on the sale. If no one wants it, my mom still lives just north of Athens, so you can drop it off down there if you wish ;)

els likes this.
  10. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Good for you. At least they sold it before the rest of it rotted into the ground. I don't know how many cars I've watched rot into the ground, after I've ask them if it was for sale, only to get the old, No, I'm going to fix it up some time in the near future. Only to watch it slowly rot, away over the course of years. Good luck on your build.

hotcoupe and els like this.
  11. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

els likes this.
  12. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

VERY COOL FIND!!!

els likes this.
  13. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

[​IMG]
    Said goodbye to the 32 last week ...it’s on its way to Germany and hopefully it gets the love and attention it needs

els, Fern 54, clunker and 3 others like this.
  14. clem

clem

Good on you.
    And hopefully sold to a hamb member so we can see a build thread ?

els likes this.
  15. I'm sure it will. Right on.

els and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. tofords

tofords

Great find

els likes this.
  17. Great find! I hope you have a good time with your project.

els likes this.
  18. 3blapcam

3blapcam

I hate these posts... RIGHT after it says it's gone too. Dude... read the thread you're replying to!

els, clem, Blue One and 1 other person like this.
  19. A lot of them are out there. The question is if they are a steal, or if someone paid full value for them. I know where there are about 6 32's that have not been driven in a while, stored away by people who know exactly what they are and are not looking to sell. If I walked in at the right time and paid a premium price, I would have a barn find too. NOT saying that is the case here, but I find it funny the "They are still out there" amazement some people show when one changes hands. We all know guys who have projects stored away, they get sick or pass on and out they come. Timing is everything...

els likes this.
  20. esrbuilders

esrbuilders

Nice find, good luck on build!

els likes this.
  21. When the threads get up there in post count, people kinda jump ahead. Human nature I guess. But you're right.

I'll save everyone time:

He stumbled across it
    Got a good deal
    Is deep in other projects
    Decided to sell it
    Tried on Hamb Classifieds
    Seems like no bites there
    He found a buyer in Germany
    Everyone's happy!

22. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Did you get an extra set of fenders with it?

els likes this.
  23. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Yes I still have the extra set of nos fenders

24. Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  25. els

els

ME TOO!!!!

26. els

els

GREAT FIND, Now go buy a lottery ticket.

tattoos by brandon likes this.
  27. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

els and Stogy like this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NOS it doesn't get any better than that...that's cloning material...;)

els likes this.
  29. Since it's been mentioned in here, i'm the admin of the "Aussie HAMBer's" facebook page shown above, with permission from Ryan to keep it going. Mark Thompson (one of the mods on here) is also one of our admins on the page, and we run it with the same rules as the forum here. The general gist is that it's a place for Aussie HAMB members to congregate locally to buy / sell / organise events and so forth. We keep it very strict to the rules of the HAMB as much as we can.

Unfortunately many think it's just another old car facebook group but we make sure it isn't.

chryslerfan55 and els like this.
  30. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

Sorry I must have posted it in the wrong place I was having issues for a while with the app and unfortunately do not have a computer and I apologize if it’s on the wrong place I didn’t realize there was an area on here for Australia only

chryslerfan55 likes this.